- I’ve been getting into a lot of melodic death metal lately and though you’d think it would be depressing, the melancholy nature makes me happy. I know that’s weird. I’m weird. I always have been, I guess.
- Of course, by the time you get to my age, that doesn’t bother you much anymore. At least, it shouldn’t. I am focusing on letting a lot more stuff go and just being me/happy. In fact, I am also trying to be more productive and organized. Not that I wasn’t before but just even more so. I started following this guy, Thomas Frank, on youtube and he has a lot of great vids for that stuff. I highly recommend him.
- FYI, today is the very last day of my 30s. I posted to facebook I thought I ought to do something crazy. But I’m going to go to work, go home, run three miles, and probably watch wrestling.
- As I walked into work, carrying my “Leftist tears” coffee tumbler, I was compiling a list of things that people would associate with me or that I think of about myself. It went a little something like this: Mom and wife; I like to run and do yoga; I don’t accessorize much but I am into wearing black and band t-shirts; I also subscribe to Southern Living and Martha Stewart; I listen to a variety of heavy metal that includes but is not limited to melodic death, doom, and black. I subscribe to conservative podcasts; I have an affinity for pumpkins and sunsets; I use essential oils; I’m mostly a beer drinker, whereas my friends are into fruity wines; I love professional wrestling and slash fanfiction; I love romance novels; I am a conglomeration of so many things that make me an individual, not someone who can be painted with a broad brush.
- We watched Bryan Callen’s stand up last night and though I wouldn’t describe it as “super funny”, I will say that he took risks and said a lot of true things. I found it entertaining.
- Maybe, just maybe, since I mentioned it already, I will do something special for myself on this last day of my decade of 30. But maybe I’ll do it tomorrow. Any ideas?
5 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – A pre-birthday lament/celebration”
Champagne, maybe? Happy birthday eve!
I hope your birthday is amazing
Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one.
HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!! Did you end up doing any fun or exciting? And welcome to the next amazing decade. 😉
Whoopsie! I was logged into another profile – a new company a friend and I are starting up…heh! So ignore the name ‘Terri’, that was me me me! LOL!!
Hope you’ve had a fabulous week! 🙂