1.It may be a little shocking, but National Static Electricity Day is January 9!! Do you often get shocked often when you touch metal?
Sometimes in the winter, yes. I try my hardest to avoid it when I can like for example, when I get out of my car, my hand is touching the metal on the door before my butt leaves the seat. This diffuses the shock.
2. There are actually two “National” days worthy of mention! It is also National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. Our men and women working in many areas of law enforcement put their lives on the line for us daily. Do you know someone working in law enforcement who you can thank today?
My friend Fawnisha’s husband, Rob, is a cop here and I know him pretty well. Good guy. Also, my friend Annie used to be LE but now she’s a nurse. I commend anyone who goes into the field because it’s a thankless job.
3. At our house right now it is all about football. Joe’s Philadelphia Eagles barely won their game on Sunday to move forward in the playoffs and another chance to play in the Super Bowl this year. Do you have a favorite team in the playoffs or does football make you yawn? Is there a Super Bowl party in your future, no matter the teams playing?
I don’t have “a” team because I play fantasy so I like a variety of players. However, I have teams I dislike more so I cheer for whoever they’re playing against. I don’t know if we’ll have a Superbowl party; it sometimes coincides with other things we’re doing that time of year.
4. Speaking of parties, there is always lots of food at parties I attend. Tell us a weird food combination that you really enjoy (or have enjoyed). It doesn’t have to be party food.
Bacon wrapped figs always seem to show up at fancier catered parties and they are great!
5. Since we are on games and parties, what game have you spent the most hours playing?
Hmm, so when I was in my early to mid 20s, Ash and I played A LOT of online games like Diablo 2, WoW, and others so that’s probably the answer but I like to play Candy/Soda crush in my office in between tasks – sort of like a mind break – so that could rival the others.
6. Tell us something random about your week so far.
Well, it is only Wednesday and my brain is already wrecked. I had a rough time working yesterday and keeping up with things. Maybe it’s because I knew my evening wasn’t over when I went home and I had to conserve energy for taking kids places and grocery shopping, etc. I realize all of that is SO mundane but it feels like a lot.
I am better this morning, though it started off rough. Couldn’t find Isaac’s brand new jacket but it turns out – after I drove TO the field with no luck and emailed the team – his coach picked it up last night after practice. Isaac totally abandoned it on a bench. Sigh. Glad it was found though. I can work a lot easier without that weighing on me.