Apparently it is national Science Fiction day!
1. Will you observe National Science Fiction Day as recommended above? Do you even like science fiction?
I do enjoy it, depending on who’s writing it. I remember having to read things like Bradbury and Asimov and liking the “what the hell is happening?” aspect of each story unfolding. I am not currently reading anything in that category but I might!
2. Have you chosen a “word” for 2019? Many people do. THIS QUIZ might help you find your word!!
My word was empowerment and I don’t know how to feel about that. I already feel empowered. To me, this hearkens to all the dumb women’s marches where they claim not to have equality. Well, I think women in America have a whole hell of a lot and I also don’t believe anyone is equal so… yeah. Sorry for the negativity so early in the morning, everyone!
3. Did you stay up to see the new year in? Are you happy or sad to see 2018 go?
Yes, we all made it; all five of us. Then the kids slept in the next day! I am neither happy nor sad this year. Some years have been, “See ya later!” but 2018 was 365 days of great things: moving to a new home, new schools, better opportunities, and a trip to another country.
4. I really enjoy the Tournament of Roses parade on New Year’s Day but rarely get to sit and enjoy the entire parade because I am cooking. Did you watch the parade? Did you cook/eat the traditional foods (pork, black-eyed peas, kraut, greens…) to begin the new year?
No, we have Sling and couldn’t get it. And as much as a traditionalist as I am, we do not eat those foods. We had a minimal breakfast, mini tacos for lunch, and steak and potatoes for dinner.
5. I have to ask… Resolutions. Did you make any or set some new goals for 2019? Or do you even think about it?
See my previous post; I do not make resolutions. However, I did make some goals.
6. Tell us something random about your week.
This week is weird! I have been off for a while now and each day, we got a lot done. The past two, Ash and I mounted camera, a new towel ring in the downstairs bathroom, we cleaned around the pool and in our bedroom/closet. But today, I am back to work and need to kick-start my brain into that mode. I’ve made some headway in the last hour and the kids have been relatively quiet so far. Amend that: they’re falling apart now. SIGH.
4 thoughts on “Wednesday medley – Sci-fi and new year’s things”
I got a few things completed this week too such as taking the tree down and everything packed and put away. I’m also sorting through all my yarn and yarn projects that aren’t complete. Hoping to get my Etsy store up and running again, but I have to get everything back in order first. Hope we both get our stuff accomplished.
I agree with you on your comment about women. You are right about people not being equal.
Oh my! It is hard to go back to work after a break! I am still off a couple more days. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!
Did the quiz was told my word is “love” year I can accept that word because love is so important although the word is a tad over used.
I really enjoyed your answer to #2 and don’t find it negative at all! Thanks for joining in on the Medley today! I enjoyed your answers, Lori!! Happy new year!