As mentioned, I thought it might be nice to make a list of things I want to do in the new year. This is not a resolution post! I don’t make resolutions. It’s dumb and mainstream and unrealistic. (IMHO)
OK so, things I’d like to accomplish in 2019:
- As mentioned, teach myself guitar. I am, again, realistic and know I will probably start, get frustrated, but keep going, slowly. When I first started playing Guitar Hero on easy, I was absolute trash. Now I can beat all songs on the third one on medium – 5 stars. That kind of success pushes me to explore progress elsewhere.
- Get my conceal carry license. I don’t know if I WILL carry but I want it. There is power in that control, to me. I have gone to the range multiple times and I want to become more confident in my own abilities. And omg I want a sleek little Glock 42 380.
- Wrack up concerts. I’m seeing Fleetwood Mac in February and trying to get to Maiden in July. Volbeat announced a N. America tour but the first leg is mostly Canada dates. I’m hoping Metallica go back out too, though they have a four month stint in Europe through the summer. And if Ghost is with them again, well, even better. I will try to see any of my faves, even if I have to drive. Because I accept the fact that no one comes here. There are some smaller bands (Looking at you Night Demon and Nita Strauss) that I could totally reach out to in all honesty and get them on board.
- Besides guitar, I’d like to find some kind of new creative hobby. Lately, I have been writing more (hey, using that degree!) and maybe that will be it. But I like when I do something in the evening instead of fall asleep in my chair at 9 pm.
- Be more on top of things. I alluded to it a couple posts ago but I used to be the mom would made sure her kids showed her things in their binders and I’d sign off on everything. Now that all 3 are in regular school and – truth be told – because they’re taking care of themselves more when it comes to getting to and from school, I mentally backed off and I feel like I am not on top of their stuff as much. I know the general gist of what’s going on but there is still a disconnect. So in 2019, I vow to be more aware of the goings-on.