1. Wednesday, December 19, 2018, is National Hard Candy Day! So the first question today is to ask if you enjoy hard candy, especially the kind we usually see during this festive time of year? What is your favorite? Which hard candy brings up the best memories for you if any?
Actually the photo that accompanied this one shows my favorite: those stripey ones that are slightly chalky and melt like dinner mints. I am not really a hard candy kind of person. Werther’s are ok. Actually, I’m more of a cake person than a candy person. And for the record, I HATE starlight mints. Gross.
2. Holiday shopping! Are you finished? If you could spend an entire day in just one store, which one would it be and why?
Almost done! I have to buy some socks for the kids (they actually want them!) and a mattress for Elliot. I guess if I had to pick one store to spend A DAY in, it would have to be Target. Obviously said store would need to be large enough to spend enough time. It would be nice to drag out the hours though; I am always in a hurry when I shop.
3. What holiday dessert describes you and why?
I’m pretty sure this is a given: I’m a fruitcake! Nutty in the societal sense of the world (a la Jimmy Buffett) but also, I’m a little thick, have some hard unforgiving sides of me like the nuts but some gooey parts too, like the candied fruit. Also, I love to eat it. 🙂
4. What is your least favorite holiday side dish?
Hmm, I guess I will go with broccoli casserole. I do like a casserole and broccoli but for some reason, this is never really that good. In general, I like all food.
5. Now be real!! There is one on almost every tree. What is the ugliest tree ornament you have ever seen?
Geez, I don’t even know. If I was home right now I could look. I think we have a faded old angel looking thing from one of our families’ past and it just looks a mess.
6. Tell us something random about your week!!
My brain hurts. The cycle of a semester at a University goes like this: slow, slow, ramping up, busy, BUSY, busy, slow, dead. Right now we’re at about the dead time. Grades were due yesterday so TAs and Professors are gone. I have some small things to work on but since the imminent things are scarce, it’s tough to jump start my brain to do them. All I want to do is watch guitar tutorials with my faves. As if I even play but hey, maybe some day. It’s on my 2019 to-do list. Maybe I should blog about that!
4 thoughts on “Wednesday Medley – candy, impending holiday, to-do”
I’ve been watching videos on jazz theory and harmony. My guitar-playing days are behind me thanks to a right hand that refuses to cooperate (damn stroke), but I never took the time to learn theory and harmony when I was playing. The sad thing is, I now know how to approach the instrument… Good luck with the tutorial videos…
That is so cool you are watching guitar tutorials! Loved your answers! Have a great week.
I don’t mind hard candy, you don’t see it around much except at certain times of the year.
Did the last of my Christmas shopping today
Thanks for joining in today!! I enjoyed your answers and especially your description of your dessert!! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!