1. National Ding-a-Ling Day is observed across the United States each year on December 12. Ding-a-Lings on this day call the people they haven’t heard from in a while. It may be an old classmate, co-worker or neighbor from years ago. Or perhaps a call will go out to the child who used to mow the grass during the summer. How about that couple who carpooled for soccer. There are all sorts of people in our lives who manage to slip out of our lives who would love to hear the ding-a-ling of a call from you or me. So tell us who you want to call today!
LOL never heard of this and it sounds ridiculous. BUT, if had to choose someone, I think I’d like to call my old grad school friend, Annie. I mentioned her a couple weeks ago when I found out that she’d blocked me on facebook. I’m saddened by this because she said I’m “too different” now and she was offended that I vote differently from her. I’d like to believe if we talked, we’d see eye to eye more than she thinks. It might be a tense phone call but maybe good in the end.
2. Each year on the 12th day of December, people across the United States recognize National Poinsettia Day. I am including this “National Day” too because my neighbor’s poinsettia from last year is blooming beside their house!! Have you ever tried to plant a poinsettia outside?
I have never planted one outside and the only time I have had them is if someone gave them to me. I think they’re really pretty and festive, that’s for sure.
3. Do you believe in Bigfoot? What size shoe do you wear and do you have trouble shoe shopping?
I have this desire to believe in the existence of ONE ancient thing out there somewhere in each sphere: lochness monster, a huge ancient shark, sasquatch. And maybe one dude somewhere caught a glimpse and that’s where the idea originated.
I think I wear a 7 or 7.5 and the only trouble I have with shoe shopping is finding things I actually like.
4. What is one thing you refuse to share?
I used to think chapstick but my kids are such pains about it, I do share. Maybe my time – lol – if I was planning on doing something for me then someone interrupts. Nope – my time now!
5. Are you finding that this Christmas is stressful? More or less than last year?
This time of year at work is stressful but Christmas isn’t. I am accepting that what I have purchased so far is IT. I cannot spend any more money. I am not sure if it is more or less busy than last – I am planning to write a long recap post of 2018 soon so I’ll let you know. (I’ll tie in late 2017).
6. Tell us something random about your week so far!
It’s been insanely busy at work and I am thrilled to realize it is only Wednesday. I need some time! As mentioned above, I think I’ll do a reap post tomorrow. We used to have a blog that hosted something about this, in three month increments, but I couldn’t find it. So yes, check back in tomorrow and see what I did this year – it was a lot!
5 thoughts on “Wednesday Medley”
It certainly would be fun to see the Loch Ness Monster from the shore not a boat. I enjoyed your answers. I like how you put it, this time of year is stressful not Christmas. Hope you get done what needs doing this week.
Never heard of ding a ling day, how weird, who would I ring? I have no idea maybe my best friend from high school.
I have wide feet and find it difficult to find shoes
Yes, for as quickly as the other 11 months pass us, I think December flies by. So, so, busy!
I tend not to share my chapstick, but I do have a stash of them all over the house, so who knows.
It is a little stressful at my job too…teaching…it is always busy with Christmas activities and projects, but it is fun. I am ready for a break though. I loved your answers. Have a nice week.
I am late getting to folks who joined the Medley this week! Thank you!! I enjoyed your answers!!