1.On December 5, 1901, Walt Disney was born. Have you been to Disneyland or Disney World? Can you share a favorite Disney memory?
I have been to Disney World many times; we went a lot when I was young because we lived about 3-4 hours away. From 1994-97 we had annual passes too because we’d moved much much closer. One of my favorite memories is actually the first time I took my kids, even though I venture to say it was WAY more fun when I was younger. Taking kids is a huge pain but I took the boys when they were 6 and 3 and I was pregnant with Dakota. We only went after 4 pm and we left around 9:30. Perfect.
2. The first roller coaster attraction at Walt Disney World was Space Mountain. Do you/did you like roller coasters?
A resounding NO to this one. I dislike them in general. Now, I have been on some smaller ones that are fun (Thunder Mountain being one) but feeling like I am going to plummet to my death is not fun.
3. The very first fairy tale that Walt Disney made a cartoon about was Little Red Riding Hood. Did you enjoy fairy tales when you were a youngster or did they scare you? Did you have a favorite?
You know, I always did enjoy reading those and I think my favorite was The Little Red Hen, if you can consider that a fairy tale. It’s the old Russian folk lore fable about the hen who wants to plant grain and no one will help. Then she has to harvest it and turn it into bread and again, none of the other farmyard animals will help. But you know, when that bread is ready, they all want a piece of it and she says, “No siree Bob.”
Looking at it now, this is a great analogy for all the people now who want Socialism. They want the handouts from other peoples’ work. No siree Bob!
4. In Lady & the Tramp, Tramp’s real name was Butch! Do you have nicknames for your fur-babies and/or for your children?
Hmm, well, we mostly just shorten names (Elliot = Ell; Dakota = Koda) but the middle boy, well, we called him Baby Isaac up until he was maybe 5 and then we figured that had better stop. But now, based on a name he picked for a game once, we call him Giant Isaac. And usually when he does something awesome.
5. I can’t let this day go by without respecting George H.W. Bush, as he lays in state in the Rotunda of our Capital today. He was our 41st President and only the second father to have a son follow him as President of the United States. President Bush loved his colorful socks. I bought Joe a pair of George H.W. Bush socks for Christmas one year. I know Myra has a pair… any other bloggers checking in today who have a pair of the Presidential socks in a drawer at home? How do you feel about colorful socks?
We do not own any of those (though Ash does own a Trump tie) and I do love colorful socks. It makes me a very easy person to buy gifts for!
6. Please tell us something random about your week!
It’s slipping away from me, that’s for sure. I both feel grateful that it’s only Wednesday but at the same time, how is it already Wednesday? I feel a little overwhelmed by life lately. There’s so many little things I keep meaning to do but can’t remember to do them. For example, on one of the spindly trees out in the back of our yard, a branch broke and is hanging down. When I walk Todd around, I hit my head on it and say, ‘I’m going to cut that this weekend.’ Have I? Of course not. I did, however, start a list on my phone this morning while on my drive in. (At stop lights of course.) It’s all small stuff: install towel rack in kids’ bathroom, buy Dakota pants, get boys new cleats, wrap hose up closer to house, spray wasp nest. All mundane, housekeeping crap. But I get home in the late afternoon, clean up a little, make dinner, then we sit in the living room and decompress. Before I know it, the evening is gone and it’s bed time. Sigh.
4 thoughts on “Wednesday Medley- Happiest place on earth?”
I would love to visit Disneyland or Disney World one day, not sure if it will happen but still if I had a bucket list that would be on it
I especially loved your response to #3!! Thanks so much for joining in today!!
I’m with you on the Roller Coaster! Do not like the feeling of being scared out of my wits! Looking forward to my Disney trip next month!
I know just what you mean on your random! How did we have so much time when we were younger but now we don’t?