That’s right; I’m gonna double up on posts because I straight up didn’t do any blogging yesterday on my day off. Also, Florida was getting pounded by a tropical storm so the entire weekend was kinda weird. BUT, let’s backtrack:
- Thursday evening, I took Elliot to his 5th grade graduation ceremony and my husband took Dakota to her VPK graduation. (They were, conveniently, at the same time; ugh!) We met at the public pool after but, sadly, the rain prevented us from swimming. We did still eat pizza and cake.
- Due to the rain and upcoming storm, the trip to the theme park Friday was up in the air but it actually turned out great! Almost everyone showed up and it didn’t even rain. Dakota had a blast with her friends and she even got up the courage to ride some things. She’s a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to them (not that I blame her; I’m not huge on them either.) We rode some rides then ate lunch, then finally got over to the water park. Wild Adventures used to have a pretty crappy water park but it has gotten way better and she loved it.
- We had to leave by 4 so we could get back into town and get the boys and that’s when we ran into our first of many rainstorms. It was so bad getting off at our exit that we literally could not see anything. UGH. Scary stuff.
- Saturday turned out to not be very rainy so I was able to get some pool things done while Ash and the boys hit garage sales, eat out, run errands, and even get our swimming in. Sunday, I ran errands in the AM, we ate lunch, then headed out to Monticello to visit friends. The rain let up long enough for us to shoot and blow up some tannerite. Kids had a blast and we were tired and a bit wet by the time we got home and I made tacos, only to promptly pass out shortly thereafter!
- Yesterday was a bit low key. We got the family room cleared out; we still had boxes there that we couldn’t figure out where to put. I was able to wash floors and do other various things and I am super glad we could just relax. I have to say: it was a long four days and I really did not want to go to work today.
Delayed Memorial Day post:
It’s all I’ve got but it’s one of my favorites.