1. They say you learn something new every day. What did you learn yesterday?
I learned some of the terrain in my neighborhood. I took my first run since moving in. Having taken a shortcut road on the way back from Chipotle the other night, I noticed this really huge hill and I wanted to run it. Yeah, it’s a serious dip in the pavement! I also learned that I love the bridle paths. I mentioned them a few weeks ago and though they no longer serve horses, they are great places to run!
2. Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.
Hmm, the first thing that came to mind was when I quit working at CompUSA in 2004. I am loyal to a fault so it was rough but I had to get out of there. It was sucking my will to live. Two years in retail was quite enough, thank you.
3. April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only? When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Last time you turned your phone off? In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that’s too hard) where the telephone is featured.
I got rid of my land line in 2001 so yeah, I’d say I’m a cell phone person!
I tend to respond quickly to texts but I have gotten better about waiting. I don’t want to be a slave to my phone.
I tend to turn my phone off maybe once a week and ignore it entirely. I mean, after I got my new phone, I chose not to put facebook or email on it so I am happier in general.
I couldn’t think of any phone related stories other than my brief memory of owning one of those 80s see-through phones:
4. Close call, at someone’s beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call…which call have you ‘heard’ recently? Explain.
Call in sick, for sure! Not because I AM sick, though last week I was battling some serious allergies, but because I’d like to take a damn day off! I have so much to do still in my house and it’d be nice to take off and actually get it done.
5. What subject do you wish you’d paid more attention to in school?
Maybe science. I enjoyed it but didn’t get too into it, knowing that wasn’t what I was going to pursue.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am worried my middle kid has somehow gotten poison ivy under his chin. It looked like ant bites yesterday – and he said he fell in ants at aftercare – but today it definitely looks more like P.I. I mean, we’ve battled it in the past so we’re no strangers to it. Look at my husband’s arms and legs from about 10 years ago. he had a major reaction to it once and it was awful.
So here’s hoping Isaac doesn’t have it and it’s just some other rash!