1. April is National Jazz Appreciation Month. Are you a fan? If so what’s a favorite you’d recommend to someone new to jazz listening?
I have listened to my fair share; I like the classics like Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, etc. I also enjoy Dave Brubeck some. One of my fave songs is “Take the A-Train”. I’d recommend anything Billie Holiday did as well. My personal fave if you want to veer off from traditional jazz is the Pat Metheny group. It’s jazz fusion and good!
2. Mandolin, ukulele, harp, accordion or banjo…which would you be most interested in learning to play? Or do you already play one of the instruments listed?
I guess mandolin because it’s a very cool sound. I do not play an instrument but would love to.
3. Do you judge a book by it’s cover? Elaborate. You may answer in either/both the literal or figurative sense of the word.
For books, not usually. If we’re talking metaphorically, sometimes. I mean, sometimes all you have to go on is outward appearance. But I also realize you have to look beyond to get to know something/one.
4. According to a recent study the ten most nutritious foods are-almonds, cherimoya (supposed to taste like a cross between a pineapple/banana), ocean perch, flatfish (such as flounder and halibut), chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, swiss chard, pork fat (shocking! but I don’t think they mean bacon), beet greens, and red snapper. Are any of these foods a regular part of your diet? Any you’ve never ever tasted? Which would you be most inclined to add to your diet?
Definitely eat a lot of almonds and chia seeds but not the others. I could see adding swiss chard but I am just not settled enough in life right now to worry about this.
5. Besides a major holiday what is the most recent thing you’ve celebrated with your people? Tell us how.
The purchase and moving into of our new home! We went out the night we moved in to celebrate and honestly, it’s just such a huge undertaking it feels like every unpacked box is also a celebration!
6. Insert your own randomness here.
Woke up with a sore throat and an achey back. Not sure what’s going on but I feel a little subpar today. Ash is out of town but comes back later so maybe it was part stress and part the coming down from all the moving. It’s a bit early in the year to begin reflecting but man, we have already done so much this year and been through so many things – and it’s only April 11th! It makes me feel tired when I think about it. I tell you,this lingering winter doesn’t help. It’s not COLD but it has been raining on and off and then dripping into the 50s. I feel like it’s time for nice mellow 70s every day instead of this. Also, I am just a little bit ready for even warmer temps so I can start floating about in my pool!