1. February can be a little bit tricky given the weather and the winter and the whatnot. I read a list (here) of things you can do to make your February brighter which included-start planning your next trip, take more baths, make your own chocolate covered strawberries, and exercise in preparation for swimsuit season. Anything on the list you might try? Which suggestion on the list appeals to you most? Tell us something not on the list that helps make your February brighter.
I mean, I am already exercising. I started typing up my weekend recap wherein I ran the Pensacola double bridge 15k, but then everyone has been siiiick. BUT, I think prepping for a warmer season appeals most to me – IF everything goes well with the house we want to buy, it has a pool and I will start prepping for that. I know sitting out in the sun is “bad for you” but I feel healthier with a little tan.
2. Tell us about something you’ve seen or done recently that you’d say was ‘super’?
Honestly, this sounds like the biggest self-congratulatory pat on the back but I have been “supermom” for the last week. With 2 of my kids and my husband sick, I have been running around like crazy, trying to keep them going. AND, I am trying to keep Isaac NOT sick, deal with the house stuff, and you know, go to work.
3. Best thing you ate in a ‘bowl’ last week?
I bought some of that Campbell’s Yes soup and had an apple butternut squash bisque that was excellent.
4. Something you’re ‘cheering’ for right now?
Myself? LOL. Listen, I don’t want to go into too many details because there’s a part of me that is superstitious but we have to get an expert out to look at our house’s foundation so let’s cheer for him, for the home, and for my sanity and future in a new home.
5. The Winter Olympics begin Friday, February 9th in Pyeong Chang, South Korea. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being all in and 1 being no interest whatsoever) how interested are you in the games? Which event do you most want to see (you’ll find a list here).
I’d say 5-6. I don’t care for them as much as summer but I do enjoy the bobsledding and curling.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
So far – knock on wood – I am staying healthy. This sickness that took down 3 of my family members is rough. The fever that never ends, mucus, coughing, feeling like absolute trash. I feel ok right now – a little headachey. I have a gazillion things to do at work and then there’s everything else. Ever feel like you’re drowning under the weight of the world? Yeah, I really need a massage or a pedicure or SOMETHING relaxing.
4 thoughts on “Wednesday Hodgepodge – Uplift”
I saw you listed on the Hodgepodge and since we share a name I had to say hi. HI! I list my name as Julie because that’s what I’ve been called for years, but the name on my birth certificate is actually Julia so I love and answer to either. So good to hear someone else is staying healthy, so far I have been as well even though both my husband and daughter brought the 24 hour bug home a few weeks ago.
OOps…I need to edit my comment above… the comment about the name was meant for another blog….sorry. (facepalm)
Well I’m cheering for a couple half-marathoners on my hodgepodge this week so hats off you you on that double bridge 15k! Ugh, so sorry to hear of all the illness under your roof. So you are saying you are also running a 15k under your roof keeping everyone going? 🙂 Hope all is wellness and cheer for the rest of the month!
I have ice cream in a bowl each night it is the way I like my ice cream