1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you’ve given or received.
I am terrible about compliments. It makes me nervous and I’m bad about just saying thank you. I made a goal a couple years ago to compliment peoples’ shirts if I liked the band or show or whatever because I love when people point out my obscure ones. Haven’t given any lately, though I did get a compliment on a bag I have that has to do with pro wrestling.
2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
Black Rifle coffee, Vaporwave music, fuzzy blankets, purply sunrises, running longer distances, eucalyptus essential oil, Volbeat (band), my oldest son’s good grades, new Bass Pro jeans, and the fact my parents finally watched Stranger Things!
3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way?
Maybe not before – I used to be pretty negative about everything. But I’d say now, I am more positive, especially when I see someone being negative. I can try and turn them around. It’s a lot easier, of course, to be strong for someone else. If it’s my own problem, it’s a lot harder to stay positive.
4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili…what’s your pleasure on a cold winter’s day?
I love a good chili. Put a little dollop of sour cream on top, have a nice IPA with it and yeah, golden.
5. The best part of my day is….
I normally love morning time and I do relish a gorgeous sunrise but lately, the best part has been right around 9 pm when chores are done, kids are in bed, and I can get in my recliner under a blanket and read a book.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m a little obsessive today about things out of my control so I have had to reign it in, calm myself down and channel energy elsewhere. I don’t like when I feel this way and you’d think at almost 40 I’d have this figured out by now but lordy, I just get so fired up about some things. I have got to learn to relax!