1. January is National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience?
Not technically but honestly, being a college freshman teacher is more like mentoring. In some students’ cases, I am the only teacher they have who doesn’t also have 150-500 students per course. We have class caps of 24 or under so these kids know me and in a lot of cases, rely on me as the one adult they can trust here. It’s a little intimidating but I have been doing it a while and it’s worth it.
2. What current trend makes no sense to you?
The first one I thought of are those sweatpants that have a cuff at the bottom but unlike the “I gave up on life” sweatpants of old, they’re, like, trendy somehow. But they bow out at the pockets and just seem like a bad look, to me. Here’s a link to some.
3. I saw a cartoon on facebook highlighting a few ‘weird’ things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. (Credit for the cartoon goes here) Of the ‘weird’ things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more ‘weird’ thing you’d add to the list?
Yo, the sipping coffee before everyone wakes up is definitely up there for me. I just thought of one yesterday while I was driving… what was it? Hmmm… oh! It was actually driving alone in the car. After work, the 10 minutes I spend driving home alone, listening to loud music and decompressing from the day are some of the best minutes of my life.
4. What’s the last good thing you ate?
Is it sad to say Chipotle? I had some decent meals while we were on vacation but sometimes the chicken bowl from Chipotle is honest-to-God the best thing in my world.
5. Describe life in your 20’s in one sentence.
Driving in cars, music, and parties until it was time to put up or shut
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am honest to God so overwhelmed and irritated today. I WANT to be calm and focused but I can’t seem to muster it. I have about 7 tabs open right now and one of them is the schedule of yoga classes at a local place. I think I need it!