1. Do you try to set rules for yourself about how you use your time? Explain.
Try? Yes. I typically make myself do a work task for a certain amount of time until I can have a mental break. At home though, if it’s cleaning day or I wanted to get certain things done, I make myself do them in their entirety before I can have any fun. It may seem odd but it works for me!
2. Monday was National Lighthouse Day. Have you ever visited a lighthouse? If not, do you have any desire to see one up close? Of the 10 Most Beautiful that made this list which would you most like to see in person-
Lindau Lighthouse (Germany), Fanad Lighthouse (Ireland), Portland Head Light (Maine), Yaquina Bay Light (Oregon) The St. Augustine Light (Florida), Peggys Point Lighthouse (Canada), Start Point Lighthouse (England), Tower of Hercules (Spain), Bass Harbor Head Station (Maine), and White Shoal Light (Michigan)
When you’ve been away, what’s your ‘lighthouse’ telling you you’re on the right road home?
I’m fairly certain we went to one up north when I was little and I know I have been to the one at Cape San Blas, around here. I think they’re neat but I don’t see myself making any pilgrimages to them.
I guess my lighthouse would be the siren call of my own bed. I appreciate the comfort of the familiarity of it.
3. What have you unintentionally stopped doing? Is this something you need to pick back up and begin again, or is it something you need to let go of for now (or even permanently)?
One thing would be that I stopped worrying about whether or not I am keeping up with my friendships. I’m not sure it’s something I NEED to go back to; these things always sort of work themselves out. I’ll get together with friends now and then; we’re all very busy with families so I figure this is the natural flow of things.
4. We’ve had a full week of August. Share a GRAND moment from your month so far.
This is going to sound silly but the second my back cracked was indeed grand. I had my third chiro adjustment and he finally did that kind of work. He made me cross my arms and he pulled, making the middle area of my spine crack. But how wonderful I felt after!
5. Tell us one song you love with the word ‘baby’ in the title.
This has always been one of my fave old time songs. Classic!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It’s dreary today; it rained all afternoon and into the night and I am trying not to let it bother me because I have the boys again today and a literal ton of work to accomplish. August is always so crazy busy and I’m just trying to stay afloat. Admittedly, now that I’m not sick, I can get a lot done. Elliot isn’t feeling 100% today and I am knocking on wood, praying, and doing any other kind of superstitious activity that he isn’t getting it!