1. We’ve reached edition number 315 here in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. So tell us, what were you doing at 3:15 yesterday? Is that typical? On a scale of 1-10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) what’s your energy level usually like at 3:15 PM?
At 3:15, I was checking into the chiropractor, which was interesting. I had never been but I really like how they run things there and feel good about it. The doc I saw, the one recommended by many people, was great.
Normally around that time, I am definitely starting to wane; my motivation plummets to probably a 4-5 on that scale and I have to really rally to get on track to finish stuff up by the end of the day.
2. A frisbee, a tantrum, a towel, a party, a punch, or a curveball…which have you most recently thrown or had thrown at/for you? Elaborate.
Curveball; with this recent back pain and all. The biggest one being when I saw my xrays yesterday. I had zero idea that my spine was that crooked near my pelvis. It was pretty shocking to find out.
3. What are three things that would help you right now. Tell us how or why.
Another cup of coffee, the motivation to get through all this grading, and maybe one of those random things where someone stops by to chat and we talk about stuff I love.
This last one is possible; a bunch of people in my department have come forward to admit they like wrestling too so we’ve been talking. I could talk about my hobbies/interests all day long!
4. Do you think you’re strong? Why or why not? What makes you strong?
In some ways, yes. I power through every day and keep the family afloat. So I am mentally tough. Admittedly, I have my low moments. There are times when I fall apart. But I think my determination makes me strong. I think that also attributes to my ability to finish long runs. THAT is a mental game as well as physical.
5. Do you enjoy reading historical fiction? What’s your favorite book set sometime in the past?
Hmm, I do like it and have read a few but now I can’t think of them!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I go back to the chiro today to discuss my xrays and get adjusted for the first time. I’m a little pissed that no insurance companies cover this but the fee is the same as what i’d pay a specialty doc anyway. But the thing that makes me angry is how the pharmaceutical companies run everything. They want you to take drugs – put on a band-aid – not actually heal your problems. This is why a lot don’t cover physical therapy or massage therapy, chiros, etc… I have had a lot of success with essential oils so I believe in the actual healing power of naturals and physical things; not just manufactured chemicals. At least for a good many problems. It’s just one of those things I guess.
On that note, my oldest son asked me about medical marijuana today. He just randomly said it then said he knows there are stores that sell it now. Yup, we have two dispensaries here. I explained to him the different between medical and recreational. I feel like as long as you talk to your kids honestly about things, it’s always ok, you know?
One thought on “Wednesday Hodgepodge – 315”
I really like historical fiction and have read many of these books