1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were ‘flying by the seat of your pants’.
Ha! Every April and May? I guess I will say last week because I am a normally organized person but I was just hanging on for dear life and hoping I remembered everything I needed to get done.
2. When or where would you most like to be ‘a fly on the wall’?
I know this means nothing to you guys but I’d love to listen in on the creative process at the WWE headquarters. They’re always coming up with new storylines for the wrestlers and I am interested in knowing how everyone works together.
3. ‘Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.’-Henry David Thoreau
I suppose, yes. Sometimes I try to make things happen to make me happy – a pedicure or a special treat – but it is fleeting. Sometimes if you let it happen, it does. For example, I told Ash I didn’t know what to make for dinner and I truthfully wanted someone to cook for me. He then took us out for beer and pizza. And that, my friends, is happiness.
4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in it’s title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.
I’m particularly fond of this one by Jimmy Buffett. Listen for the flying references. (He is a pilot, after all.)
5. What is one task or chore you tend to do ‘on the fly’? Is this something that really needs to be done another way?
I guess I’ll say cleaning the toilets because I do a quick run down of the seats and around just whenever I think they need it.
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, ‘Wow, time flies when you’re having fun’, and you meant it.
I guess probably every time we visit my parents. Not because it’s inherently fun with them but because we try to pack so much into each trip. I love going to Pensacola’s downtown area and their breweries. And because we also go visit family friends, the three day weekends we spend are always over before we know it.
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What’s your favorite dish made with garlic?
I was thinking I’d make spaghetti this week and since I make my own sauce, I use garlic there. Otherwise, I don’t use it very often.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My mother is coming into town on Friday and I think we’re going to eat sushi and get pedicures, then she’ll come to the boys’ games. I am really looking forward to something that isn’t “work.” Everything I do seems like such a chore. But I have to also realize that this is the life I chose and made for myself. Also, that these are my prime years – physically, with the kids, etc – so I will appreciate the craziness and rush-rush of everything. Because it is really something…
3 thoughts on “Wednesday Hodgpodge – Fly – ing”
I hope you have a wonderful time with your mother visiting. And good insight into life in your last answer. We do need to take note of the blessings in our lives at the moment, not wishing for something else. I like it that you love spending time with your parents. 🙂
Have a wonderful time with your mom. I know time with my grown up girls feels so special, and always too short. You’re making happy memories. Enjoy your Wednesday!
I am not a big fan of garlic,unless I am having garlic bread and I add a small amount to potato bakes but usually I will give it a miss