- Lordy Lordy I slept hard last night but woke still tired. What’s with that? Like, I got good sleep but not quite enough. Uncool!
- I did, however, have a very funky dream and I know somewhere in there was Jeff Hardy. In the year of our Lord 2000, I wrote a journal entry about him. The Hardy Boyz were new in WWF then and let me tell you, 17 years later, Jeff can still get it.
- Hot at 21, hot at 39. Heck yeah.
- OK anyway, enough fangirling here. I have got to get organized this week, since I’m not entirely overwhelmed by both work and home life.
- My mom *might* come over on Friday so we can have sushi and get pedis and then she obviously wants to see the kids too. I think it will be fun and give me a reason to clean my house.
- We’re also tentatively planning to go to a low country boil at a local restaurant. I haven’t ever been to one and I think it’d be a great experience! Have YOU ever eaten a crawfish? I’ve only ever had them prepared in a dish, though I watched people suck the heads when we went to New Orleans in 1998. It may be time.
- How was your Easter? We aren’t huge Easter people; we ate hot dogs and beans and jumped on our new trampoline. Yes, the kids got minimal baskets with some candy and bubble guns but we’re heathens who don’t go to church.
- I cannot believe state employees don’t get another paid day off until Memorial Day, which is almost the very end of May. We here in the English department are feeling burned out so this fact is just amplified. Am ready for end of semester!
- Time for Tuesday Chat!
“I don’t know why, but Spring always makes me feel like I need a new outfit. What would you buy to welcome the new Season?”
You guys, I’m not very fashion-oriented. I go through phases where I try new things. Maybe two years ago, I rocked the plaid shorts and Sperrys look when it got warm. Last year, every day was Old navy shorts and a black band shirt. This year, I’m sticking to the shorts but rotating band shirts and wrestling merch. My two next shirt purchases:
Trent Seven army
I have to rep my various boys/wrestlers.
I’m also trying to find a good pair of sandals to replace my Reefs. The style I got about two years ago has been discontinued. So these look like they’d be comfy:
I really like these too!
When I think I can justify the purchase, shoes will be mine at least. Oh yes, they will be mine.
4 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – Nothing exciting right now and that is A-OK.”
Ooooh a crawfish boil!! We’ve been to some when visiting friends in Louisiana – so yummy and so much fun! You’ll love it! I did not, however, suck the heads of crawfish no matter how cajoling the locals were. 😉
This time of year seems to be terminally long between time off, doesn’t it? Though apparently Little Dude has early dismissal (noon) tomorrow, and Friday was supposed to be Teacher Inservice Day, but they are using it as a snow make-up day…so we’re in the same boat with Memorial Day being the only day off between now and summer break! Hang in there!
Life isn’t always exciting but all life is better then being dead, I think since I have never been dead I don’t really know though
LOVE and NEED the flats with the anchor!!! They look nice and comfy – win!
Okay hello there sir… beard, check, muscles, check check, steely glare, omg check!!! I may have to start watching wrestling. 🙂
We are getting a trampoline too… the kids will love it so I can’t wait. I am hoping by the end of the summer I might be able to jump with them without peeing myself. Goals. 🙂
LOL I jumped for ten minutes yesterday – for exercise – and it was definitely everything I could do not to pee!