1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven’t been fishing is that something you’d like to try?
Yes, I have. When we visited rural New York, the house sat near a lake full of sunfish so it was easy to catch 20-30 in one sitting. Of course we threw them back; they’re not good for anything.
2. What’s something you’re always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
I am forever searching for a Sharpie. We have some pens/pencils/markers in vase-like containers on our kitchen peninsula area but then the kids take them so I put them in the junk drawer but can’t find them!
3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
I am sure any people will say Finding Nemo and that is a good one. I am also fond of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. (Does that count?)
4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Though I enjoy twilight the most, I am sunrise because I feel renewed each day and hold a lot of promise in the morning hours.
5. What’s the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
Hmm, tough one. I guess I do have a nice JC Penney top I still wear and it is at least 7 years old. I don’t really hold onto things for all that long because my tastes and fashion choices changed a lot over the years.
On that note though, I used to wear this denim jacket up through high school that actually belonged to my dad when HE was in high school.
6. We’ve got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What’s been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
Here in N. Florida, our winter was very mild. I am definitely ready for beach season but I honestly would like just one more cold week. The need to “get away” has not really hit me because of cold weather though.
7. The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day…will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what’s your favorite JB tune?
OMG this Q was tailor made for me! OK, I am not a huge margarita fan. They’re ok and because my hubs likes them, I will drink them at Mexican restaurants. But I’m more of a beer or gin person.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jimmy Buffet. About three years ago, I got on Spotify and started listening to his songbook. He is so much more than Margaritaville! He has so many great songs and I have argued with people about this until we had to agree to disagree and walk away. Most of his songs are fun and make you feel like there’s no obligation to feel some deeply emotion THING when you listen. However he does have some profound songs too. Below, I share some of my fave songs of his. Ones that exemplify his different stylings as well.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is a rainy morning, which reminded me that I do need to get a new tire and my brakes checked soon. Funny how you can go through life for a while knowing you have to do something but it isn’t at the forefront of your mind. It gets buried somewhere in the filing cabinets of your brain and then some stimulus sends a message to your mental secretary and he/she goes and pulls that folder, reopening that idea.