- After the crazy storms we had this weekend and all those trees down, some people STILL don’t have power. However, the weather is nice again so I’m sure it’s not as terrible as when the whole city was without back in September.
- So on Thursday when I buy Iron maiden tix (hopefully) I will be making a dream come true. And as I was walking into work, I was thinking how great 2017 has been so far. I mean, I’ve been running, and we got to go to wrestling and see two of the hottest guys on the planet. I have NOT been depressed like normal in January.
- And because I’m a smug little bitch sometimes, I take even more pleasure in having a good year because all the people whining and bitching about the government.
- Look, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I have very “Republican” views when it comes to money. Civil rights? Liberal. I didn’t vote for Trump but he’s the prez and I deal with it because I have more to live for than whining every day.
- That said, my 2017 is going to kick ass despite all that stuff. I know way too many people who are agonizing over things out of their control. Call it a defeatist attitude but I cannot stress about things I cannot control. I’d lose my ever-loving mind and my family needs me.
- OK, no more serious talk. Let’s go back to where I was all excited about 2017:
Is there anything special you are looking forward to in 2017?
As mentioned – and I know you’re already tired of hearing it – I cannot wait until I can see Iron Maiden! Their music is so so good and this might be their last tour. They’re getting on in years and who knows if they even want to tour again? Just to be in their presence though… Steve Harris’s amazing song writing; Bruce Dickinson’s phenomenal voice; Adrian Smith’s prodigy-like guitar playing! OMG. I know I sound like a total fan girl but you must understand – there has to be something in your life that means a lot to you. The kind of thing you’d pay money to make happen. Maybe it’s meeting your favorite actor or seeing some place that has some special meaning to you.
I’m pumped and a little nervous because I know tickets are going to go fast. Here’s hoping I get something halfway decent and Bruce’s gorgeous face isn’t just a blurry focal point in the distance!