- After the crazy storms we had this weekend and all those trees down, some people STILL don’t have power. However, the weather is nice again so I’m sure it’s not as terrible as when the whole city was without back in September.
- So on Thursday when I buy Iron maiden tix (hopefully) I will be making a dream come true. And as I was walking into work, I was thinking how great 2017 has been so far. I mean, I’ve been running, and we got to go to wrestling and see two of the hottest guys on the planet. I have NOT been depressed like normal in January.
- And because I’m a smug little bitch sometimes, I take even more pleasure in having a good year because all the people whining and bitching about the government.
- Look, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I have very “Republican” views when it comes to money. Civil rights? Liberal. I didn’t vote for Trump but he’s the prez and I deal with it because I have more to live for than whining every day.
- That said, my 2017 is going to kick ass despite all that stuff. I know way too many people who are agonizing over things out of their control. Call it a defeatist attitude but I cannot stress about things I cannot control. I’d lose my ever-loving mind and my family needs me.
- OK, no more serious talk. Let’s go back to where I was all excited about 2017:
Is there anything special you are looking forward to in 2017?
As mentioned – and I know you’re already tired of hearing it – I cannot wait until I can see Iron Maiden! Their music is so so good and this might be their last tour. They’re getting on in years and who knows if they even want to tour again? Just to be in their presence though… Steve Harris’s amazing song writing; Bruce Dickinson’s phenomenal voice; Adrian Smith’s prodigy-like guitar playing! OMG. I know I sound like a total fan girl but you must understand – there has to be something in your life that means a lot to you. The kind of thing you’d pay money to make happen. Maybe it’s meeting your favorite actor or seeing some place that has some special meaning to you.
I’m pumped and a little nervous because I know tickets are going to go fast. Here’s hoping I get something halfway decent and Bruce’s gorgeous face isn’t just a blurry focal point in the distance!
3 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – some political rantiness and good vibes”
I said to Tim the other night when Trump said that they just had an election and why didn’t the millions protesting against him vote, that shock horror, I agreed with him (Trump) maybe if all those protesting voted he wouldn’t be the president but he is so now it is just deal with it and who knows what type of job he will do, wanting to do something and being able to do it can at times be so different.
Oh believe me, you don’t have to apologize for fangirl tendencies to me – I totally get it!! And there are many bands and sure actors too that I would to meet. And I’ve been fortunate enough to have already met some in the past. But those opportunities don’t happen so much these days. I hope it works out and you get great seats!
As for Trump, well – what’s done is done and he’ll either do an okay job — or he will manage in some way to mess up so bad that he will be removed from Office. I can’t exactly wish him to fail because that basically means something very bad for you as a nation, and I certainly don’t want that.
Oh I hope you get good enough place at Iron Maiden! You need to share those photos here afterwards, after all. 😉 And yes, about the election, move on people. hahaha. I think we would be accomplishing more right now if people used their whining energy to get stuff done. And that’s all I’m saying about that. Anywho, I’m happy to hear that running has affected your mental mood positively. I’ve heard it does so. 😀 Keep it up! We’re all cheering for ya!