I am back in my office and excited to return to normal!
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
I really enjoyed going to the brewery in Pensacola with my parents. It had an indoor area with cornhole and ping pong so my kids were entertained. Then we visited a friend and saw her new home and it was a very nice afternoon.
2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
My mom made these really good enchiladas. I make tacos often but never do I assemble and bake enchiladas. They were so good!
3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
My kids actually liking being out in nature and with each other! After a couple weeks off, they start to fight and get bored but one of the days I forced us out and was very patient. We went to a local park and I got some great snaps.
4. What does fresh start mean to you?
To me, it’s putting aside a mind-set or routine and making yourself try something else.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
Honestly? I’m giving it an 8. I mean, maybe I myself didn’t make a ton of personal progress but we did as a family. Ash got a new job and I think we really settled into parenting three kids at an age where they aren’t babies or any of that. We took them to a ton of places and the boys excelled in school. I think I found a way to balance my time as well so that’s a plus.
6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they’d like to see banished from the Queen’s English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you’re like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it’s used. There were quite a few on this year’s list I’d never heard before; here’s the list: You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption
Half of these are ridiculous and unusable but how would they get rid of ‘you’? I don’t get why this is even a thing.
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
I feel like I have yet to make a concrete goal for myself but it is to continue improving on my parenting skills, the love I have for/show towards my children, and keep being a good person!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Back to work! Both happy and not; I like routine but dread some of the tedious things I need to get done prior to Monday. It was a long evening yesterday because we drove to Jacksonville around 4 for an 8 pm live wrestling show. It was a blast! I hadn’t been to one since 2000 and it was great to get back to that crowd. I watch it on TV of course but there’s nothing like being there. We got in around 1:45 am and I got maybe 5 total hours of sleep. I’m not feeling it yet but my mom and I had a fairly large breakfast and it’s all gonna catch up to me soon. Anyway, welcome to 2017. My personal 2016 was nothing to complain about – as SO many people on Facebook seem to be doing – and I look forward to all this year brings me.