1. Let’s all think happy thoughts…share one of yours here.
Oh Lordy, mine today is that I am so happy not to be sick. yesterday I had horrible food poisoning and I was almost dead. not even kidding. I am still trying to get back to eating normal food, but I am so happy to be feeling better.
2. There’s a Chinese proverb that says, “If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing….” What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
Hmm, I would say, take time for yourself, which is essentially what that is saying. Do something small you like, take a walk, eat food you love. Just be mindful.
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
If I could get there more often, the beach. If not, I definitely use running with loud music in my headphones as a way to unwind.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
I can’t think of one single song but you know what always works? Christmas music. Classics anyway.
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what’s the last ‘fast food’ you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a ‘happy meal’ what would you include?
SHOULD it be a thing? No, but I also believe in letting people make their own choices. A lot of people eat fast food so by all means, make a day. We have not eaten traditional fast food since 2004. I will eat Chik-Fil-A but I only get the grilled chicken sandwich. If I DID eat this food, I was always very fond of the Wendy’s spicy chicken so my perfect happy meal would be that and their fries, with a Frosty.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I have kept a journal since maybe 4th grade so naturally, blogging came easily and as a progression of my need to write things down. As technology improved and it became bigger, I really liked the comments from others. These days, I mostly do it as a release, as a way of rehashing my ideas, and keeping track of our lives.
7. List seven things you’re feeling especially grateful for today.
Good health, Flexible jobs, my husband and his role as a parent, Ginger ale, friends willing to help, and I am very thankful that this election is over! I am so ready to move forward.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I know you don’t want details but food poisoning is literally the worst. You *think* you’ve had it until you really get it and then you’re like, I didn’t know I could expel that much liquid from my body and still be alive. I was though, just barely. I just ate real food for the first time since Monday, 6 pm. I was pretty much feeling like battered garbage until late last night and even this morning, I am still pretty weak. It’s bad because I’m solo parenting until Friday when i drive us down to Tampa to met up with my husband. BUT, then we’re going to Busch Gardens so I cannot complain! I haven’t been there – surprisingly – since I was five. I’ve lived in Florida for 36 years. But I’m also not a big roller coaster person so that explains some of it. Should be fun though. I just have to get through the next couple days!