1. What would you say is the best and worst thing about moving house?
My best is of course getting rid of stuff. We plan to move in the next two years and I am looking forward to the purge. Worst is just the fact that it has to be done and can quickly become the most overwhelming thing ever.
2. What’s moved you recently?
Oh you guys. I am reading this amazing book. Sure, it IS a romance and I won’t spare you the surprise: it’s pretty racy. But oh, how it is moving. The love between these two characters absolutely kills me. (If interested, the author is CD Reiss and the book is called The Submission Series.)
3. Do you feel your life is moving forward, backward, or is on hold? How so?
Definitely forward. This time of year tumbles out of control towards the depressing post new year months but I always feel a little renewed in Fall. Also, work is going well, I have a new sense of ownership over my online class, and in family news, Ash has a new job he likes. So yes, definitely forward.
4. On the move, move mountains, get a move on, it’s your move, or bust a move...which phrase best applies to some aspect of your life right now? Explain.
Hmm, not sure. Perhaps just on the move because we have so much going on: kid birthday parties and football games and other friend events. It’s a lot but I wouldn’t trade it.
5. What song makes you want to get up and move?
Oh geez, tough! I like a lot of those mid to late 90s dance songs like “What is love?” and “I’m gonna get you” (Bizarre, inc). That kind of stuff always makes me happy.
6. Your favorite snack to grab when you’re ‘on the move’?
Cheese stick! Or goldfish.
7. What one accessory makes your house feel like home?
Cozy blankets on a couch. Even in summer I want them for when I make my way from the armchair over next to my husband and lay back to catnap.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The boys are on “fall break” right now, i.e. ‘Jewish Holiday but we don’t want to say so’. Just say it, it’s ok. We all know. Anyway, we took Koda to school and now we’re waiting until the Mission opens. We’re going to do research for Elliot’s native american project. I just opened all the windows and turned on all the fans. Maybe it does nothing but I feel like the cool fall breeze and the circulation helps to move bad air out and good air in. I feel calm today; not rushed or stressed and happy even. This book I am reading kills me but is so good. I’m motivated but taking everything in stride. Things are good.