1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world…how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it’s official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What’s a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
It’s still hotter than Hades in Florida so it’s tough to get into that mindset. However, I do plan to bring out my fall decor when I remember to. I have some cute fall candle holders, some other little leaf-themed items as well. When it comes to fall scents, I like to diffuse Thieves essential oil, because it has a cinnamon scent but I also break out my Yankee tarts because they have a million of this type. My favorite is called Autumn Leaves.
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
OK so I love both those pies but I am honest-to-God not thrilled by crust. So I usually make my pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust. Now when it comes to the drinks? I love both but there is something SO cozy about warm apple cider. I just love it so much.
3. Do you occasionally suffer from what’s sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it’s here?
Ha ha, oh yes. Probably around 2-3 pm. I tend to make myself get up and walk or do some planks. I also try to write creatively because I know that even if I am feeling tired and a little burned out, I normally get a little creative push around 4 pm. It’s weird, I know, but I whenever I get the urge to work on fiction, it’s that time of day.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today– how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
This is going to sound awful but my friends have some traits I don’t care for so in that way, it’s made me better by realizing I don’t want to be the same way. For example, some of my friends are ALWAYS late. And I just feel like that’s wrong. They are also a little petty about things and I just feel like at our age, we don’t have time for that nonsense.
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that’s a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
To some extent, yes. I want people to know that I try hard and I get things done. However, as I get older, I realize that I have to do things for myself as well and realize when there’s a certain limit to what I can accomplish. It’s a situation by situation basis, of course, but I don’t bend over backwards for anyone.
6. The seasons are a-changin’…share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
Oddly enough, this one came to mind. Long live the King of Pop.
7. What do you wish would never change?
Oh man, this is rough because when your brain thinks about this, it knows that everything HAS to change. So why wish for something NOT to? Sometimes, when my family is on a high – when the kids are good and my husband is happy and even I am feeling good about the world… THAT is when I don’t want things to change.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
WELL, they say “when it rains, it pours” and they ain’t kidding. Dakota is a little sick today: upset stomach and other such issues. And I took Zoey to the vet this morning; they can’t find anything wrong with her bones or ears; it could be internal, though she is eating and drinking. I honestly cannot spend a lot of money on tests. She is an older dog (11) and I have gone through this before where we spent a lot to keep a dog alive, only to have them die soon after. I know it seems heartless but she did live a pretty long life. She’s not a human so I cannot justify many tests to figure this out. UGH. I also hate making choices like this. Anyway, here’s hoping everyone gets back to normal somewhat soon, right?