Ooh man, I really hate making decisions! The last one I really had to think about was whether or not to get the replacement plan on this watch we got Elliot. It’s one of those GPS/pre-set text kind. And although he’s a relatively responsible kid, I was like, 5 bucks a month isn’t bad just in case. But Ash talked me out of it. If Elliot loses it, well, that’s his loss. It’s MY money but he’s right that a kid has to learn his lesson.
2. It’s the middle of August, but I’m already seeing lots of autumn-related posts. Do you think we rush the seasons? If so, does that bother you? I saw (here) an end of summer bucket list that included-
make s’mores, read a new (or favorite) book in the park, eat something delicious and bad for you at a state fair, have a pot luck picnic, book a last minute summer getaway, relax by or in the pool, take a hike to watch the sunset, have a day on the lake, try a new summer recipe
Which activities on the list might you squeeze in before summer officially comes to a close?
Yes, I definitely think we rush it. Just look at how early Starbucks rolls out pumpkin spice everything. And yeah, it bothers me a little. i was in Michael’s about three weeks ago and they already had Halloween stuff out. Like, let me get through each month, please!
As far as the list is concerned, I think I’d like to squeeze in a last minute getaway and by that I mean, a day at the beach.
3. Your favorite summertime ‘art’ found in nature?
I guess I’ll go with fireflies; the way they punctuate the darkening dusk sky and the overcrowding trees behind my home. Just lovely.
4. Stephen R. Covey is quoted as saying, ‘We judge ourselves by our intentions, and others by their actions.’ Agree or no? Do you define yourself based on your intentions, your actions, or something else?
I think this is mostly true but based on the fact that we are thinking about our intentions all the time. Our own internal voices plague us. As for other people, you only see their actions so you have to go on that. It may not be right but it is the nature of the beast.
5. Are you useful in a crisis? Elaborate.
Maybe? Depends on what the crisis is. I have found myself either completely freaking out or taking action, depending on my current mood and how much is at stake.
6. What’s been your go-to dish this summer? Is it something you’ll continue making as the seasons change?
Honestly? I have made a fruit, cheese, and cracker plate for dinner a few times and the kids love it. It may not be much but for summer, it has been perfect. I imagine it’ll phase out here soon.
7. Adult coloring books are a thing now. Have you jumped on the bandwagon? If not is this something you think you might enjoy?
Yes. I got one for Christmas and I keep it in my office. When I feel overwhelmed, I color.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Oh man, so much going on, you guys! This is gonna be a stream of consciousness/list-style thingy.
Work ramps up for me on Monday when college classes begin. I started half-marathon training and in ten weeks, will do my race. Running at 5 pm in “feels like” temp of 108 is NOT fun. The boys got their flag football teams last night. Elliot’s coach is Peter Boulware! This is exciting because he was a great FSU and NFL player. No pressure, right? I’m pumped about it though. I have no plans today and I’m excited. I went out for sushi with friends last night and we’re going out to hang out with folks tomorrow. AND I just got another invite for Saturday because my friend’s birthday is the same as Elliot’s, which is Monday. Seriously, y’all, I am overloaded. And all I want to do is drink beer and watch wrestling. Sigh.