1. How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)
When the first rolled around, I could hardly believe it. June felt so daunting and then, without warning, it faded away. One thing we did to celebrate the fourth was a literal ton of fireworks. We almost had TOO many and doesn’t that sound crazy? Nothing says ‘Merica like guns and fireworks and, well, that is what we did.
2. Right now…what’s your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?
Fave red thing: Digging Burt’s Bees Pomegranate lip gloss
Fave white thing: Eating a lot of yogurt lately
Fave blue thing: This is silly but the little indicator light that tells me I have a tumblr notification is indeed blue
3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag…which ‘flag’ have you flown most recently? Explain.
I’ll say white flag because honestly, June put me in a choke hold and I tapped out. Thank God we’re in July now!
4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-
a boat safari in Botswanna’s Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya mexico (it’s whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Sapin, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria
If time and money weren’t factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why?
Honestly? Yellowstone or Austria. I am not interested in going to any of those crazy rivers.
5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese…your favorite from the cheesy treats listed?
I have a penchant for mac and cheese – I make a really good one – but I also go nuts over grilled cheese. Pimento cheese reminds me of my very southern grandparents and no, that stuff is gross.
6. What makes you sweat?
I agreed with our host: people balancing precariously. I know a girl who sued to live here who now lives in Colorado and she photographs people balancing on those slack lines… over huge gorges. I think they’re all nuts!
7. Your favorite movie with a ‘patriotic’ theme of some sort?
I always say American President for this kind of question but I know there are other very American feeling movies I like. I guess I really like National Treasure.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I figured out that if there’s a list like the above, THAT is what messes up my spacing. I’d spend time figuring it out but I have my boys at work and, well, I have zero interest in thinking. They’re playing a board game but still so loud and annoying. It’s ok; we’ll make it until 2 and then go meet Ash to watch the soccer game. Anyone else watching all this soccer??