1. Tell us about a time you found yourself ‘in the middle of nowhere’. Was this deliberate?
Well, truthfully, we were this weekend. We went into Torreya state park to do a bit of hiking. It’s a lot more wooded and steep than anything in town. I wish we could have gone farther but the kids were whining. Of course, the way you train them not to complain about that stuff is by making them do it. But I really enjoyed the greenery and quiet of the woods.
2. What’s something you’re ‘in the middle of’ today or this week?
Grading. As always. I am teaching two online classes right now and I am in the midst of SO MUCH. But other than that, wrapping up the end of school for my kids too. They have a lot of activities and obligations before next Friday and I have got to stay on top of them.
3. At what age do you think ‘middle age’ begins? What does it mean to be ‘middle aged’?
I know it used to be 40s or so but I think it’s more like 50s now. I am on the closer side to 40 and as I near that decade, I feel a lot younger than I figured I would. So really, it’s a state of mind regardless.
4. Ravioli, stuffed peppers, samosas, deviled eggs, steamed dumplings, pierogis, or a jelly donut…your favorite food (from this list!) with something yummy in the middle. Your favorite not on the list?
On THIS list, deviled eggs. Not on the list? Can I say burrito? That has yummy stuff in the middle. I guess that’s cheating. How about truffles with creamy centers.
5. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying ”In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.’Would you agree? Have you found this to be true in your own life? Feel free to elaborate.
Definitely! Usually when you are going through something hard, you will reach your moment of clarity or zen or whatever you’d like to call it and there’s your chance to see things differently or change course. It almost always happens, in my opinion.
6. What’s a song you remember loving from your middle school years? Do you love it still?
Oh man, the reason I am going to pick this is because my friends and I rocked out to it so hard.
I used to sit by my boombox and listen to the radio, hoping to catch and record my favorite songs. I have a very vivid memory of recording this one in particular. And yes, it’s still awesome. They sang it when I saw them earlier this month!
7. May 18th is National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate? Which relative would you visit if time, distance, and expense were not considered.
Ha ha well, we have plans to perhaps see my mom at the end of the month but I am not seeing anyone until end of June. BUT, then, my family of five is driving to Western New York and we will stay with my mom and dad, aunt and grandfather, and my sister and her boyfriend. It’s gonna be one big family celebration!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is totally a “not enough coffee in the world” kind of day. I have been all messed up with sleep and stress this week. I go through the mornings in a fog, just plodding along and hoping I remember all the stuff I have to do. It’s always right around this time that I feel the need for a vacation. The funny thing is – and I have whined about this before – I feel stressed about vacation too! In mid-June though, we will be spending two days by the beach and two days in Orlando, at Sea World and Aquatica. The next week, we make that drive North. It’s gonna be a lot of travel but fun in between. I wish I could stress less about it but I’m not there yet, in my life. But maybe someday!