- Seriously; EVERYTHING happens in May. It’s not even my own work stuff but school and all the kid stuff just sort of piles up. We have upcoming field trips and end of year celebrations and all that jazz. I’m trying not to feel overwhelmed but it’s creeping in.
- I’m not feeling stressed though. Not really. I’d like to think I’m pretty aware of this. BUT, my right eye has been twitching for the past few days and most things say that it’s probably stress. Can I be stressed and not know it??
- Speaking of not knowing, last weekend, Zoey went missing. But we had no idea. Actually, I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking about how I hadn’t seen that dog around and then I thought to myself, “I don’t even care. But that must be because she’s not REALLY missing. Yeah, that’s it.” Then a minute later, my phone rang and they had her about four houses down. Funny thing is that we know those neighbors but they didn’t put together that we were the owners of said dog. I don’t even know how she escaped, to be honest. Maybe that’s what she ultimately wants? By all means, Zoey. I am fed up with pets.
- I finally got my act together and went back to making overnight oats. I know it’s better for me than anything frozen or at Starbucks/Dunkin. The thing is: I’d much rather have something with eggs and a biscuit. Sigh. If I want to be healthy, this is what I must sacrifice.
- OK, Tuesday Chat, I’m comin’ for you!
“It’s my birthday this weekend – I will be camping with Girl Guides. What is your perfect “this is how I spoil myself” birthday plan?”
First, happy early birthday to our host!
Now, how would I spoil myself? Hoo man, I don’t know. Firstly, I wouldn’t have to do anything for my children as soon as I got up. Contrary to most moms, I don’t want to sleep in. No, I want to get up before everyone and drink coffee in peace. I want the perfect cup and as long as we’re fantasizing, let me be somewhere with the perfect weather so I can sit out on a deck and enjoy my coffee. I’d want breakfast – something with eggs and bacon.
The rest of my day might include things like a pedicure and time to watch any of my favorite movies. Of course, if we were going all out not even possible but if it were this is what I’d do: I’d be at an Iron Maiden concert. Or at Disney. Or on a beach in Hawaii. But for the mot part, I just want my kids to get along and have some good food.
THAT would be heaven!