- Hey you guys, I’m back. I slipped away for a few days and let me tell you: it was nice. My sister got into town on Thursday and then she and I left for Pensacola with her dog and the baby in tow around noon Friday. When we got there, my mom was still working so my dad took us around a couple places. I’d been but my sister had not. Once my mom got home, we hung around until it was time for dinner. I’d never been to a Cheddar’s but it was pretty good!
- The next day we packed in a whole lot. First up: breakfast at The Coffee Cup, which is a Pensacola staple and apparently where Emmett Smith likes to go when he visits. It was indeed very tasty. We then sojourned to the Gulf Breeze zoo. Not a bad little zoo; they had quite a few animals. We got to feed giraffes too and then the llamas just stole the whole cup of food, the jerks. Llamas are rude like that though.
- We pretty much just snacked, put Dakota down for a nap, then the women-folks met downtown. We first went to the Pensacola bay brewery, which is just about the cutest place. There’s a historic district where the city moved a lot of old buildings and created an older setting. The brewery is in the heart of it and you sit outside and chill. After a drink there, we went down to the marina and had another drink and some food at Jaco’s, which is a little nicer than the brew pub. Their whole downtown area is so cute with little shops and neat places. If I lived there, I’d certainly have a lot to explore.
- We ended up at my mom’s friend’s house for dinner. I’ve known them for a while as well so it was nice. They cooked and we ate! Our friend Jon turned me onto this funny youtube channel that you should definitely check out! Also, he pronounces it like “vay gan” instead of “vee ghan”. How do YOU say that word?
- On Sunday we laid a little low until after lunch and then we walked around downtown again and went to World of Beer. Tallahassee definitely could use one of those! Except they should put it way out where the non college kids live. We don’t want it inundated with people who don’t have control over their drinking. 😉
Ok, let’s do Tuesday chat because it’s 9:30 and I am still crafting this post. Time to move along.
We’re playing Have You Ever!
1. Got lost in an amusement park?
You know, I don’t think so. I went to Disney a lot as a kid so I knew it well. Even when we went to Universal in January, I wasn’t ever turned around. I see how it might happen though.
2. Shared a meal with your pet. Drive thru acceptable.
Ha ha, probably early in their lives. We don’t like to give them too much random food these days because if it’s really tasty, my dogs tend to recycle, if you know what I mean.
3. Scuba dived in the ocean.
No! I have snorkeled but never did any Scuba.We did a snorkel tour thing in Hawaii at Hunauma Bay.
4. Saved someone who was in danger.
I will say yes because both my boys have been in drowning type situations where I was there to rescue. No CPR was administered but I did save them.
5. Sang karaoke. (before alcohol, 2 bonus points)
ONCE. Other than that, any other singing was done on a whole lot of beer. I’m pretty sure we sang Bon Jovi the time I was convinced to do it sober.
6. Seen a pyramid. (1 point for each step climbed)
7. Went camping in a tent.
Hmm, ok well if “big” is bigger than a Happy meal then yes. When Dakota was born, there was a Twitter contest for a 100 dollar gift card to Bonefish if you told them why today was a good day. Obvs I said having my daughter and I won!
I also won a signed copy of every one of Kresley Cole’s novels and a tote bag promoting her new series The Master. THAT was a pretty cool win!
9. Eaten a strange food. Broccoli is not a strange food.
I don’t think I have, actually. I have eaten escargot and veal but nothing crazy like balut.
10. Pulled a prank you were later sorry about.
Ha, no. I wish. But I tend to feel guilty about things so I don’t mess.
11. Went on an African Safari.
Does the safari at Animal Kingdom count? 😉
12. Met a celebrity (TV, Movie, Music, Sports, Arts)
I have met a handful of wrestlers, I know some Pulitzer prize winning authors, and I talked to Shaq once. To date, I haven’t met any of the people I really want to meet though. Sad face.
13. Been on TV or the radio.
No, but if you read my blog often, you’ll know I sent in my application to be on XM radio. Pray for me.
14. Been in a fight.
Once, in middle school. I stood up to a girl who had been mean to me and after I pushed her to the ground, she relented. I win!
15. Fallen asleep while talking on the phone.
Oh definitely when I was dating my husband years ago. He tends to talk A LOT and I cannot stay up late.