1. Besides Thanksgiving, something you’re looking forward to on your November calendar?
Well, this weekend Ash and I are doing a Tough Mudder. I’m not sure I am looking forward to it as much and I am looking forward to it being over. LOL. It will be fun and messy and an experience and yes, I will probably cry. But still. It’s the only other big thing this month besides eating a lot of food. Oh, and the week I have to solo parent. Le sigh.
2. If I gave you a thank you card right now who would you send it to and why?
My parents because they stayed with my kids for ten entire days and had to endure whining and crying and back-talk and all kinds of trouble. Ok, that makes my kids sound awful. My mom said they were really quite good. But it was a huge thing for them and apparently, my mom got pretty sick at the end and had some other issues so I owe them a huge thank you!
3. Of the breads listed, which one’s your favorite…bagel, cinnamon, sourdough, garlic, banana, biscuit, pita, Naan, or plain old fashioned white bread?
4. What’s something you have in abundance? Is that a good thing?
Books! And sometimes I love that I still have a ton of physical books but then when I realize those boxes are taking up valuable space, I get irritated. At the same time, I hate to see that the printed form is a dying art.
5. November 5th is National Love Your Red Hair Day. Are there any redheads in your family? Who’s your favorite redhead?
6. The travel website Busbud recently calculated the most Instagrammed spot in every state. Go here to see what made the list where you live. Are you happy with your state’s #1? If not what do you think should be the most photographed spot in your state? Have you snapped a photo there? If you live outside the USA answer as it relates to your state, city or province.
Wow, South Beach, really? For Florida, I was certain it would be Disney World. But apparently not. Maybe the list is skewed and they didn’t want both FL and CA to have a Disney answer. Either way, no, I have not been there and I think it should be either Disney or one of the Forgotten Coast areas. But I am biased; I just love that area.
7. I’m going to try to have something related to gratitude in this spot each week during the month of November. Here’s this week’s question-
What’s something you’ve learned about yourself this year that you’re grateful for?
I am going to give you the TMI answer (Too Much Information). Since going off birth contorl after Ash’s, um, operation, I had to relearn how to control emotions. For me, BC made me sort of unfeeling. But without those artificial hormones, my natural ones are free to run rampant and the bitchiness level soars. Luckily, I have become aware of this so I can keep myself in check, for the sake of my whole family. 🙂
8. Insert your own random thought here.
When I was a kid, if I spent the night at a friend’s house I was in a particularly bad mood the next day. My husband said he often felt that way and my kids seem to do this as well. So going with that formula, I figure that is why I feel so off-kilter this week. I am easily angered and touchy; I don’t want people to bother me. I want lots of coffee and chocolate and cheese. Sigh. Maybe I will magically snap out of it once we get back from the Mudder. We don’t have to travel again until shortly after Christmas so I can rest easy knowing I can hunker down and wait for cold weather, because Florida sure as heck hasn’t seen any yet!