1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you’re home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What’s your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
Yes, most of the time I am. Though I remember feeling awkward if I was in the car with a friend and there was no music or speaking. If I am home alone, it depends on how I feel. If I am tired, silence is good. If I get the rare chance to be alone and cooking or cleaning, I dock my ipod and blast music.
And sometimes I do want it to be super quiet and my favorite place would have to be in the bathtub.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can’t let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let’s say you can have one of the following right this very minute… a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie…what’s your pleasure?
Hmm, I doubt I’d do anything special. I like chocolate, for sure. I’m not crazy about it. Chances are, I will totally keep many pieces of the kids’ Halloween candy if it is of the Twix/Kitkat/Milky Way variety. I love dark chocolate in small doses and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is the best!
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don’t own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
LOL Um, nearly every day. I am a jeans and nice top work outfit person. I do not own a jean jacket but I did… in fourth grade! Ha ha, that was also 1989.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
Maybe in some ways? I don’t believe in black cats or going under a ladder and all that but I am weird about karma type things. Like, if I did something bad in traffic, that’s gonna come back to haunt me at some point.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
Hmm, interesting question! I could probably conjure up something with a boatload of paper boxes, because I’m in my office. Maybe a robot of some sort?
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
A little? Hmm. Jump out moments in movies. A lot? Death. I don’t fear too much or anticipate. Oh, and bills scare me. Adulting is hard sometimes.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I ______________________________.
Get caught up! I am just behind because of vacation and it’s a busier time of the semester. Plus, there just aren’t enough hours in the day.
8. Insert your own random thought here:
I missed blogging while I was away on vacation but at the same time, it was nice to truly get away. At least, for a little while. Something I learned about myself in those 9, 10 days is that I’m not good at just sitting around. In my daily life, I crave a quiet moment but it’s only really cathartic if it comes at a time when I felt particularly stretched thin. After four days of laying around the hotel/beach, it felt like I was shirking my responsibilities and I don’t get off on that. I felt lazy and useless. So at the same time as I loved all our activities and down time, I also looked forward to going home to my life. I guess in the end, it made me truly appreciate what I have. And that is a wonderful thing.