- I thought – for one brief, no, minuscule moment – that we might see the sun today. But I awoke to a gray misty day AGAIN. What is this, Seattle? Did you know that even though Seattle has more gray drizzly days than us, Tallahassee actually accrues more rainfall in a year than they do? Imagine that! Also, feel sorry for me.
- When we’re on vacation, my oldest has a field trip to a fishing camp. I suggested to my father that he attend with him, in that he enjoys fishing and they needed volunteers to bait hooks, etc. I was amazed he actually took me up on it! I am pretty sure this will be his very first time going on a field trip since he himself was a child. I never remember him going with me!
- I wanted to point out this:
- Right? Where’s my flying cars? Hoverboard? Jaws 19?? Actually, aren’t they releasing some kind of special trailer for Jaws 19 as a throwback to BTTF? I think so.
- Meanwhile, this is something I need to get for my front yard. We recently replanted and there’s a bit of empty space. This would work perfectly!
OK, let’s do Tuesday Chat!
“Tell us about something you have never done, but would like to do now. What was holding you back?”
Hmm, you know, this is harder than it sounds. I mean, I have done a lot of things and not a lot holds me back. it’s hard to think about what I have wanted to do but didn’t. I guess I’ll go with… get my next tattoo. And the “never” part comes in with the fact that I’m enshrining someONE to my body.
I talk about doing it often but there are always setbacks: money, time, the shop I was going to choose closing up and the owners moving to California.
I really just want the kids’ names, in their writing. Obviously, I’ll need to leave room because Dakota can’t write yet. But I just think it would be such a cool idea. I have these two calf tattoos:
And I have one very similar to the above on my left ankle. I figure their names on my right ankle will do just fine. Sure, I entertained the idea of putting them on a tree in a carven like way but the more I drew and designed, the more I realized how large that would need to be. And I’m not there yet.
I still think I’ll get a tree at some point. There’s something elemental and alluring about them to me. I have always liked them and want one on me. But again, things do hold me back. I think when I get back from Hawaii I’ll look into the names thing. I am even working on getting Ash do to the same. He might not pick their handwriting and he probably won’t put them on his leg but he’s expressed enough interest to maybe finally do it.