- The athlete faculty panel thing yesterday went great! It was myself (though I am technically not faculty), a fellow English colleague, a woman from the Career Center, and a professor from Communications. We basically went through some advice, some classroom pet peeves, and told them how teachers see students and student athletes. Honestly, I think they really learned something. And that’s what we’re here for!
- I got my ass up and worked out AGAIN today. I feel like this is a huge accomplishment. You know what actually makes it easier? One is that I’m naturally a morning person. I hit the ground running when I wake so that gets me on the machine. BUT, I feel like my body has yet to catch up to my brain so as I start moving on the elliptical, I am half-oblivious to it. Sometimes when I used to put off a run, I’d agonize over it and then every little ache in my body was like, end-of-the-world awful. But this has been much better. And I feel better throughout the day.
- We’re finally seeing Jurassic World today! I have high hopes but I had better temper them, just in case. Chances are I will like it regardless. I mean, I was the dinosaur kid so this is right up my alley. You remember the dinosaur kid: has the sheets, the books, all the names memorized. I had a pair of Converse with a dino skin print on them. Yeah, that kid.
- Ash and I haven’t seen a movie in the theater in a long time. The last Friday we would have gone, we were in Orlando. The time before that, nothing was really out so we went home and took a nap instead. So I’m actually pretty excited!
- The parking ticket I got on campus a couple weeks ago was dropped. See, they made us do this thing where we linked our pass to our license plate. Personally, I thought it had always been that way but apparently not. So parking services warned us about it, I went into the system and did it, then a month later, got a ticket for “incorrect parking”. I did some research and they said I didn’t actually link the two. Well, I called BS on that. I got it all fixed with them then appealed the citation. And yesterday, I found out they dropped it. So, yay! I don’t have to give them 30 bucks.
At the interstate overpass
Lush products rule!
Look at this kid getting stuck in the tunnel. We have one of those!
My oldest and my youngest
And isn’t this a great pic??