1. Did you make someone laugh yesterday? Was it intentional?
Yes, Baby Girl. She was NOT happy at all and daycare called to tell me she wouldn’t sleep. She didn’t HAVE to go home but they gave me the preemptive call so she could go back (24 hour rule). SO, I retrieved her and brought her back to my office. I have an arsenal of little toys in here already and I tried my hardest to get a smile out of her.
2. What’s a simple question with a complicated answer?
Who are you?
3. Rhododendrons or azaleas…you have to choose. Are any currently blooming in your yard?
We have azaleas in our yard and all over town. I love them but our big bush didn’t bloom as much this year. I think the spring sort of fizzled and we didn’t get much of a flowering season.
4. May 21st is National Waitstaff Day. Have you ever worked as a waiter/waitress? How would you rate the experience? What was the best/worst part of the job?
No, I have actually never worked that job. I did scoop ice cream for about two weeks and I was a cashier in a grocery store for about six months but I just never wanted to be a waitress. However, I agree with my husband that we’d both be pretty good at it. I feel like I’d have a knack for the right amount of times to go by a table and the right questions to ask. We’ve had a lot of really bad ones in our time eating out – which doesn’t happen that often anymore! Now I just wait my own table at home. My kids certainly think I am their waitress.
5. What fashion trend for women should be outlawed? How about one for men?
For women, rompers for sure. My infant wore rompers but 21 year old women should NOT. I want to also remind people that leggings belong UNDER something else like a long shirt; not worn by themselves.
For men, tight jeans. Like, super tight hipster style where I can see your junk. No, just no.
6. Name a writer who inspires you…now tell us why.
Anne Lamott because she is a wealth of common sense knowledge. And Bailey White because she was a second grade teacher in rural Georgia and then wrote a book.
7. What well known quote or saying sums up your plans for today or this week?
“Don’t put the cart before the horse.” I have a lot to do and getting it all right this week will make everything a lot smoother.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m just plowing through work today and it’s a wonderful feeling. Don’t you love days when you feel motivated and… alive? They don’t happen to me but maybe once or twice each week and I have come to realize this is just fact. It’s not to say I don’t get stuff done on the other days but it’s like torture, drudgery. I slog through tasks and have to give myself mental pep talks throughout. But not today! Nope, I’m accomplished today.