1. In honor of the date…when were you last sent on a ‘fool’s errand’?
Yesterday, though unknowingly. My card for the gate wasn’t working so I was locked out after picking up my car so I drove around campus to find faculty parking NOT in a locked lot and once I did, trudged to the parking services building where I find that they only take cash, as they have no card reader. Since I only had my credit card, I couldn’t get cash so I had to walk back to my office across campus, empty handed and with my car parked way the heck away. It was an exasperating afternoon.
2. Peter Rabbit, Bugs Bunny, The Energizer Bunny, The Easter Bunny, Rabbit (Pooh’s friend), White Rabbit (of Wonderland fame), or the Trix Rabbit…which of these ‘famous’ rabbits can you best relate to right now?
3. When did you last find yourself scrambling to get something done? Explain.
LOL. When DIDN’T I find myself scrambling? Ok, I am selling myself short here. I am normally really good at staying ahead. But I have been crazy lately so I guess my answer is yesterday morning when I took out my lasagna for the school’s casserole sale. The thing expanded either during cooking or freezing and the lid would not stay on. So I was going nuts trying to affix it in some way before taking it with me. I think I lost my sanity a little in that moment.
4. Last time you were up at the literal crack of dawn? Why? Last time you stayed up all night? Why?
I get up early most days but I seem to recall a day maybe a year ago when one of the kids was sick so I was up around 5 with them and didn’t go back to sleep.
Now the last time I stayed up all night? LOL. It may not have been the last time but I recall this night in undergrad when my roommates had a 7:30 AM final exam so we just stayed up watching movies and studying. I was going to drive them so I stayed up with. I remember we watched Requiem for a Dream and I was certain I’d fall asleep but it was so disturbing that I didn’t!
5. Crack a book, crack a bottle, crack a joke, crack an egg…which one have you done most recently?
A bottle! I drank over the weekend. But I plan to make Baby an egg and toast for dinner tonight before we go to Elliot’s baseball game.
6. What’s your favorite part of a typical weekend? Tell us why that’s so.
Saturday afternoon, when I realize we’re still thoroughly in the weekend and I still have time the next day to get stuff done. There’s usually less pressure then, we’ve probably gone out to eat and are planning a nice meal for dinner. Love.
7. What’s something I’d find on a bookshelf in your home? Other than a book I mean!
Candles, probably. We don’t have a lot of bookshelves in the common living areas but I have lots of candles from when my sister worked at Yankee so I display them there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Hello April! How you doin’? I hope you bring me happier days than March did. I should be thankful for all I have and stop complaining but man, that month was HARD. I think I am ready for a beach day. It’s starting to get a lot warmer now (as I learned walking across campus yesterday afternoon!) so that feeling is creeping in. I need the sun on my skin and the sound of the waves. I need that feeling of having spent all day in nature and the exhaustion of it. I can’t explain it but I can feel it and it’s time. Oh yes.