1. What’s the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word ‘spring’? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung!, almost there, or still waiting?
It’s funny; I almost always think of the first couple months of 2011 because we had such excellent weather that we sat outside A LOT. We sat on blankets and watched birds and played checkers and just enjoyed being a family of four (at the time.)
2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob…which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs…did you ever own a slinky?
I’m going to say… flashlight. We buy them and they crap out all the time. And yes, I had a slinky and it’s only good for holding n both hands and flopping back and forth. The stairs thing just doesn’t work.
3. March is Women’s History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.
Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.
4. What’s a question that looms large in your mind right now?
Will I be able to lose weight if I keep running and eating healthier? I was watching the video from 2011 Christmas and man, I WAS thinner. It’s funny: when you are doing the working out and all, you know you’re thinner but can’t tell because there’s always a trouble area (in my case, belly fat from – you know – THREE kids) so I tend to be blind to the other loss areas. But I am back on the wagon and trying to go whole hog.
5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?
You know, I love a good dessert but I am not crazy about it. I like cereal that is slightly sweetened (currently working my way through a box of multigrain Cheerios) and every now and then, I really want a cookie. But for the most part, I don’t eat sweets or sugary things as often. When Ash and I have our date Friday, we used to always get ice cream but the past time, I actually opted out; I was too full.
6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?
Oh, more work, definitely. I have little to do this week and, truth be told, I’m slightly bored.
7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?
The extent of my Texas visitation is limited to the DFW airport, though I would like to get to Austin at some point to visit my friend, Brenna or to Houston to visit my friend, Drew. I’d love to see the Riverwalk and a Spurs game; they’re my favorite NBA team. But I would always want to see the Alamo (if nothing else than to ask where the basement is 😉 Do you get the reference??)