- I just got Elliot and myself registered for the upcoming Springtime 5K. I know it’s a fairly hilly course but we’re actively training and should be fine. It’s kind of sad to be stressing about a mere 3 miles when I’ve done half marathons but those were pre-third baby! I’ve been out of it for a while.
- Ell and I did a good three miler on trails the other day and I’m feeling it. The trail we run is fairly technical – roots and downhill, curvy too. My sides are hating me! The planks and push ups I’ve been doing in my office contribute to that pain as well. But I am tired of being flabby and I have to fit into a bathing suit in October!
- I’ve been looking at these vintage style bathing suits on Pinterest and I think I might get one for our trip. What do you think? Too old-lady-ish?
- My Loseit! app says that if I stick to my goal of roughly 1550 calories a day, I will meet my goal (15 pounds lost) by October but we will see. That doesn’t really take into account working out but I will definitely be running from here on out. I have this plan to bring my 3 pound weights back to my office (they lived here forever!) and do arm exercises like crazy. My poor family genes: we’re destined for flabby upper arms but generally thin bodies. Ugh.
- Did you hear about the petition to get rid of the ‘feeling fat” emotion option on Facebook? That’s just plain ridiculous, in my opinion. if I want to express that I feel fat, how does that hurt someone? That’s my opinion and it isn’t aimed at anyone. This world has gotten way out of control with words. Since when do words have so much power? Absolutely insane.
Would You Rather? Pose a question in your post, such as: “Would you rather sleep in a 5 Star Hotel, or, camp out under the stars?” It can be any question. Provide your answer in your post, and invite readers to answer in the comments.
My question for you is: Would you rather live in the middle states, near beautiful forests and mountain ranges or would you rather live near the ocean,; close to the beach or within driving distance?
For me, it’s near the ocean. I heard a random song on the radio about someone never having seen an ocean and it made me sad; it was an instant and uncontrollable feeling – to think someone had never set their eyes on that vast and awesome sight. I am so much happier when I am on the beach; the way the sun touches your skin is different than when you’re spending time outdoors at your house. The sand, though some may argue is annoying and messy, feels right on my feet. The sound of the waves lapping the shore alone is a kind of therapy you couldn’t pay for. I may not be in “bathing suit shape” and I’m not some pretty person who can walk confidently down the beach but I still love it. I hate gray days and I need sun and that’s the perfect place to soak it up. Below: last summer when about seven families met up for the day:
That’s not to say I wouldn’t love to hike in the woods but it feels more isolated there and that scares me. I’m a happier person near the ocean and some day, I hope to own a house near it.
How about you? Where would you rather live?