1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?
Yes. No. Yes. Yes. LOL. I have written many to my husband and he has written them to me. I know we have a folder of all that stuff somewhere. When I was in seventh grade, a boy named Kenneth wrote me one and I destroyed him because I corrected his spelling and grammar errors and gave it back. It was an awful thing to do, I know!
2. What’s a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
Oh so many of them! The first one that came to mind is An Affair to Remember, because it ends happily but not perfect, and that’s about all you can ask for in life.
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
I’m going to go with one of those serendipitous moments when the sun is setting all orangey-red and a great song comes on the radio and I open the windows and enjoy being alone in my car.
4. What’s the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
Ha, meals: I have been half-assing those for a week or more. Mostly because of soccer. We have practice on both Tuesday and Thursday and we basically come home, change, grab a snack, and go back out. So when we get home around seven, one of us starts on dinner and the other puts baby to bed. I have to say, I made a nice dinner both Saturday and Sunday, but my goal is to get better about weeknight meals.
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
My parents made tuna a lot when I was a kid so I do like it. My mom puts in mayo, salt, pepper, green onions, chopped sweet pickles and just a wee bit of the pickle juice. I prefer it on toasted bread.
6. What’s something you ‘know by heart’?
Every lyric to Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors, the alphabet backwards, and the lines to Groundhog Day.
7. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie…anyone at all whom you love.
Always and forever
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I’ve railed about it before but I don’t care for Valentine’s Day. Since I have kids, I have to buy into the commercialism of it – they’re forced to give valentines to everyone in their classes. But if I had my druthers, Ash and I would show love all the time, not just when society tells me to. Of course, we DO, but the kids are already being brainwashed by it. Elliot said to me this morning, let’s put on a love song; it’s almost Valentine’s Day. And I told him how I am always playing love songs; he should pay attention more often! As long as I am being crotchety about things, let me remind everyone that my kid’s name is Dakota, for when the 50 Shades chick gets popular. And also, if you’re interested, I can give you a long list of 50 shades type books that are ten times better. Christian Grey is an ass and a really bad dom. Let me show you the way!