- Well, today has started off MUCH better than yesterday, that’s for sure! I think the sun may even shine today. Shocker!
- Elliot has to do a project for school and he can choose a minority, woman, native american, etc. We’ve chosen Dragging Canoe, a Cherokee chieftain known for his extraordinary bravery. Ash is 1/8 Cherokee, which makes Ell 1/16. Pretty sure this is our obvious choice then. He can then learn his ancestry at the same time! I looked for books in the campus libraries and found all of… one. I’ll go get it later and let him pick and choose his info. These projects are always fun but also painstaking.
- We had to have a Come to Jesus talk with him recently about supposed behavior issues and that C in English and I tell you, he’s doing better now. We can’t always get a great teacher and he has to learn that. I told him how my 5th grade teacher was so mean and she didn’t make learning fun at all. So to get past that, I worked on me. I put myself in direct competition with the smartest kid in the class, Michael Cruz. Granted, I was also an all-A student but he finished tests before me so the challenge was on. I had to beat him to the finish AND still get all As. It is what kept me going that year.
- I have some reading and class prep to do this morning but I am feeling distracted. My brain is thinking about Indian war chiefs, abandoned malls, and old restaurants we no longer can visit. Remember Steak and Ale? I used to love going there for special occasions; it was kind of dark and fancy-looking. Then again, when I was a kid, I thought Red Lobster was fancy.
- We’re considering going to Carrabba’s for Valentine’s day. I actually don’t ever want to eat Italian, let alone eat it at a restaurant but I will, because Ash likes it. But I can’t figure out WHY I no longer like that kind of food. It could be because it makes me feel too full or maybe because most dishes are too rich. Maybe a nice chicken marsala wouldn’t be too bad.
- I had to make a call to the vet and I realize that I never say who I am, but I introduce myself as “Todd’s mom”, because they all know Todd. How crazy.
- It’s almost 9 AM and I haven’t finished my coffee; this is entirely unlike me. Maybe I am learning to temper myself, slow down, enjoy.
And the Tuesday chat prompt:
I think; therefore I have a headache. Suffer from over-thinking? Guilty of the thinking much? Or, just.. .meh.
Yes! I do over-think and I it causes me to second-guess my instincts and my confidence and this is not a good thing at all. I over-think how I am going to get everything done or what some random thing could possibly mean. I sometimes wish I were not so observant of everything because it drives me nuts!
With that, I leave you. I have to go teach and then I’m going out to lunch. Have a good Tuesday!