1. What is something in your life right now that feels a little ‘hodgepodge’?
My extra curricular activities… for me. I mean, I haven’t been reading or watching many movies or even taking time to enjoy a hot bath. I need to get back to those so I don’t lose my sense of self.
2. What does ‘peace on earth, goodwill to men’ mean to you?
I feel the same way as our host; I feel like this is a message to everyone to just take a second to be reasonable and think about how you should be acting or could be acting towards your fellow man. So much blind hatred does not help us, not one bit.
3. Which edible treat are you most looking forward to sampling this December?
I’m going with my Mema’s recipe of chicken and dumplings, which my mother and I plan to make at Christmas. Sure, we’ll have pies and other sweets but this, this! Also, I have been pinning warm alcoholic beverages to my Seasons wall so we may make a few of those too. 😉
4. It’s that most wonderful time of the year…do you agree, and if so why is it wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
Again, our host and I see eye to eye. Though I love Christmas, I really love from about mid-September to January. Something about the way the year wraps up and tumbles into each holiday that is fun (and stressful too!)
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online), and why?
LOL. Pachyderm. Because it didn’t look right each time I typed it. Then my friend told me to stop being pompous and just say elephant!
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what’s your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
I have a little village that I have collected over the years and I love to set that up. Admittedly, it’s not entirely done yet this year. The little streetlights and tree in the square are not yet assembled.
7. Share one thing you’ve learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
This sounds silly but I am a lot more tolerant. Because you can pick and choose who you read, it’s very easy to discredit a blog on some tiny difference in personalities. But as I have searched for good blogs t read (seems like the personal blog is a dying breed) I have given more people a chance and through their experience, I learn.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I need… something. Something good or unexpected or fun or you know, anything like that. You can’t go looking for those things, I believe. But I also believe they happen when you really need them. And I do… need for that kind of thing to come into my life. Though I discussed loving this time of year I also get a little depressed and run down. Need a break but don’t know what would actually make me feel like a checked out long enough to feel revived. Any suggestion are greatly appreciated.