Random it up!
- Well, I did my part and got out there to vote. I was actually not as late to work as I thought I would be. Instead of spending 10 minutes in the Starbucks drive thru, I made food at home and used the time to get to my polling place. I was, admittedly, a bit worried because the number on my voter card was different than on the sign at the church but it was indeed my precinct still. Whew. Crisis averted.
- I am not usually affected by DST that much but I have been sleeping like garbage. It is partly due to Ash being gone (i.e. I have to be on alert at all times) and then the time change. Saturday night, I was woken up around 2 am by the sound of fighting cats. It’s one thing for my neighbors to leave plates of food out for these stray beasts but entirely another to leave the bag of food on their porch so the cats can drag it between our homes and squabble in the wee morning hours. UGH. Might be time to call the city to set traps again.
- I just talked to someone who had their dog’s eye removed and I feel a lot better. I mean, I don’t know if that is what will happen for Todd but it is not looking good. I pushed his appointment up to tomorrow because it is so red and weird looking. Even moreso than when he went last week. One thing after another!
- My husband and son come home today! They are at my parent’s house now and I hear that Ash is actually still sleeping. Jet lag is the worst! Elliot slept in too and reportedly ate a gigantic meal for breakfast. There’s a certain good feeling knowing that they are recovering from travel.
- I kind of hate that I am now looking towards Christmas. On the other hand, I have gotten some shopping done and that puts my mind at ease. Little at a time, bit by bit, and it won’t be a huge money suck all at once. Have you begun shopping yet?
I have a lot going on at work today and so, I must leave you now. 😦