Tuesday already. And almost November; sheesh
- You ever stop to think about misheard lyrics? You have, no doubt, done it yourself a few times. In that song by Alan Jackson, Chattahoochee, there’s a line where he says, “…and a little ’bout love.” My sister always said “and a little dog roared.” I don’t know why but I just randomly thought of that.
- My children were very well behaved last night and this morning, proving that the weekend was some strange anomaly. Who knows why kids act all funky but I am glad someone returned MY kids. 🙂
- Yesterday, while talking to my friend at the the hot dog stand she runs on campus, about 10 football/basketball players came for food. I saw seven former students of mine and it’s nice to be recognized and acknowledged. It’s also fairly amusing, given that our team is good now and those guys are basically campus celebrities. Other people in line even asked, “Whoa, how do you know those guys??” English teacher, bitches!
- I can’t believe Halloween is in two days. This time of year goes so quickly, you can barely hold onto it. Before you know it, we’ll be feasting on Thanksgiving and then frantically buying Christmas presents and then it’ll be boring old January again. Cold, dark, 2014.
- Whoo, that was depressing! Let’s counteract that with the 30 Happiest Facts of All Time.
- I could get stuck on buzzfeed all day if I didn’t make myself do work.
- I’m feeling very nostalgic today so if you don’t already participate in my Wednesday meme with Kenzie, WWTK, then maybe you should stop by. The questions will be of that topic: memory.
I have a bunch to do this morning and I must force myself to do them. In the meantime, enjoy Alex Minsky. He was a Marine before losing his leg and… then becoming an underwear model. More power to ya!