Tuesday, oh Tuesday. You won’t best me today
- My Monday was ridic busy but I got a lot done. And then, around 10:30, I went into my room for something and somehow ended up passing out in bed. Totally didn’t count on that!
- Anyway, today marks eight years of being married to my amazing husband. We met in mid 1999 and I think we we actually began dating sometime in early 2001. It wasn’t always wonderful but we made it and have a whole lot to show for it. On the ninth, my grandparents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary; if they can do it, so can we!
- When I was at the Luke Bryan concert, a fight broke out (right over me; I spilled beer all over) and someone said (though I don’t know if it’s true) the one guy told the other he wasn’t country enough. And I started thinking what I would say if someone challenged me. A good portion of my family is from Alabama. I was raised on Hank, Conway Twitty, and Travis Tritt. NASCAR was a staple of our weekends. I’ve blown up small sticks of dynamite on the fourth of July. And I’ve been to my fair share of demolition derbies. But more than that, I think country is a state of mind. And I got that.
- I cannot believe we’re halfway through October. I only just put up our yard decorations. We haven’t procured costumes yet or gone to the pumpkin patch. This month is flying by, which is fine by me because I start one of my other jobs at the end and that’s just one step closer to money.
- There’s a new trend on campus: roving bands of hammock users. They tie them up to trees on the green and just swing away in between classes. I even saw a guy in one between some columns in the building next to mine. The new nomads?
- I ran 2.2 miles on Sunday and felt really good. I think it’s time to run additional miles after Elliot and I finish our runs together. I put on four different shirts today that just didn’t fit right. I have got to start dropping the pounds!
- It’s always so depressing after you have a baby because even when you lose weight, your body doesn’t go back to the way it used to be. Things are all rearranged. The flab is awful.
- My mind is on the cusp of Summer/Fall. It randomly dredges up images of our summer beach trips and then turning leaves and cool mornings. I think the temps need to just stay cool so my subconscious could know we’re in the Autumn for sure. In a few weeks, they’re predicting 40s!