T.S. Eliot wrote that April is the cruelest month; let’s hope not!
- Random acts of violence really bother me. Especially bothered by the fact that it affected runners and spectators of a running event. The racing atmosphere is one of unity and fun; not the place for bombs. I’ll be really interested to see if they can track down the culprit. I’m thinking someone much like the Unabomber.
- In other random news, I watched this show on the Nat Geo channel last night all about how the 80s made America what it is, down to the good and the bad; mostly the bad and the whole “me” generation stuff. I kind of miss those times sometimes; be it because of the economics or the fact that I was a carefree kid.
- What I didn’t know was that when the Romanian leader allowed the Who Shot JR episode of Dallas to air, the Romanian people wondered why they didn’t have all these cool things like Americans and they revolted against him and overthrew him. Huh? Who knew the affects of Dallas were so far-reaching?
- I just beat level 102 of Candy Crush; I honestly thought I might be stuck there forever!
- Last night, I let the dogs out and there was a small green frog on the glass door. I think I scared him when I opened it; he jumped about 5 inches and then this stream of liquid slowly dripped down the glass. Did I scare the piss out of a frog?
- Temps in the low 90s today?? We skipped right from Winter to Summer, apparently, though we got the pollen crud from Spring. Not fair, Florida.
- I miss Boston Market. We used to have three locations; now we have one but it’s not in an area I drive often. Now and then we’d get it for dinner and as I get deeper into this pregnancy and don’t want to cook, home-cooked type meals are more alluring, especially if someone makes them for me. Le sigh. The good places always end up closing down.
- I didn’t think it was appropriate to have Man Candy today so I present a… patriotic image, in light of the recent tragedy Happy Tuesday, folks.