Well, here we go again; another year to up your blogging game. Me? I finally own my own domain. I’m hoping to co-host some blog-hops this year and see where all I can go!
- Here’s hoping we’re all over this general plague that has, well, plagued us since December. No more sickness, ok?
- January is always a weird month. By the time you settle in, it’s over.
- I resolved not to make resolutions this year so I have decided to just make headway on things. I don’t want to “set goals” but I do want to attempt new things, be calmer, try harder, and be more optimistic.
- The other day, for just a very brief moment, I had this bright outlook on my future. Not to say I normally don’t but as a mom, I think I tend to just get into this stay focused on the little things frame of mind and not think outside the box. For just a second, I got a little hopeful about the Spring and reseeding my yard and maybe planting and some warm weather and free weekends. It was such a novel idea at the time; I can’t remember when happiness was just so apparent.
- In pregnancy news… (Oh, you didn’t know? Read my blog. 🙂 ) I am a little over 9 weeks and here are some stats: morning sickness? Yes. A little. I puked in the car the other morning. Cravings? Just hamburgers as usual. If it’s carby or dairy, I want it. If it’s fruits, sweets, or vegetables, NO. But I have been trying to eat carrots. Aversions? Sadly, coffee. I just really don’t want it! Not totally exhausted but I have reached my limitations physically on some days. After a bunch of errands, I just have to go sit down. Doctor’s appointment next Thursday!
- My calendar today asks, “What does it mean to believe in myself?” And my response was, “Calendar, it is way too early to be asking me such mind-blowing questions!”
- One of the TAs dropped off a box of 6 glazed donuts for me and my boss; neither of us will eat more than one but oh, what a temptation!
Ok folks, that is all for today. I teach at 9:30 so I had better get in teacher mode. But first, something entirely NOT teacher mode: