2.) List 10 things that make you angry.
I was reluctant to do this because it would put me in a poor frame of mind but my laptop’s webcam program wouldn’t let me save my vlog; I did it three times and on the final one, I was just so angry, I gave up and chose this one!
So, I used to be a lot more unforgiving so I had a long list of things that pissed me off. This may actually be hard now. (Oh, who am I kidding??)
- People who a.) flick lit cigarettes our their car windows or b.) drop them, still lit, right outside a store. I mean, seriously people?! There are others around you so don’t go thinking that your bad habit is acceptable to any and all. This leads me to number…
- People who are inconsiderate of others around them. When we were at dinner on vacation, we sat next to a larger group and one guy was totally obnoxious. He thought everyone dining wanted to hear what drunken slurring he had to spew. What ever happened to being civil in public and treating others the way you would want to be treated?
- Lateness. If you and I have plans for a certain time, be there 5 minutes early. And if you are going to be late for any reason, we’re so GD connected these days that it won’t kill you to text me. I HATE waiting for people.
- Entitlement. My students feel entitled to As just because. Grad students feel entitled to privilege because…. I don’t know, because they work hard for peanuts, I guess. I believe in hard work and nothing for free.
- 50 Shades of Gray. There, I said it. That is one gigantic steaming pile of (excuse my language) SHIT. The writing is god-awful, the pacing is disjointed, the main female character had little to no experience (therefore, unbelievable in said role) and Christian, no matter how hot he may be, is a stalker. Also, BDSM – you’re doing it wrong! And this author is now a millionaire; is there no justice???
- People who ride the merge lane all the way to the end then swoop in front of that long line of cars. That really makes me stabby.
- People who feed stray cats.
- When the Jimmy John’s delivery guy calls me from downstairs to meet him. I asked for delivery; that means you walk to my office. Did you want a tip…?
- When co-workers pawn work off on other people.
- When co-workers step on the toes of others and do thing secretly behind another area’s back. (This one just happened yesterday!)
7 thoughts on “Writer’s Workshop Prompt – Seething”
Yes, to everything on your list. Especially #6; there’s no way those drivers don’t know they’re being obnoxious.
Oh back stabbing co-workers are the worse! I recall in my days of innocence a gal I had working under me driving a dagger not only through my heart, but my back while I was on vacation. What nerve, huh? Thankfully, my fellow co-workers who not only liked me, but knew me very well knew what this chick was up and confronted me when I returned with all the digs she was into while I was away. I was so floored by that whole experience. I’ll never forget it and it has made just a little wary of people until I know them for a lonnnng time because of it. Sad, but true!
Check out today’s posts:
I haven’t read 50 Shades, but I shied away because I have read enough real stuff to know I would not really enjoy the story. I also have this perverse side that refuses to read something because “everyone” says it’s good.
Oh my Gawd! How could I forget all things cigarettes?!!! I cannot stand them and I hate having to roll MY windows up on a nice day because someone driving next to me is smoking! Ok there, got it out. Great list by the way!
I found myself nodding along to almost every one of these.
Cigarette flickers are the worst!! That’s littering, don’t they know?
And stray cats are just gross.
I read the 50 Shades series and was not impressed!!
totally agree on #5! I have no desire to read it and I wish people would stop obsessing over it.