Not all my bullets are about the injustice in the world but you know, it’s a theme. Go with it. And then go on over and link up yourself!
- I just feel like sometimes, things happen that make you go, “Really? Are you serious?” And then ::facepalm::
- Like on Sunday, when I just needed a break and some coffee because I was exhausted. I drove all the way to the Dunkin’ Donuts and they said due to a power outage earlier that morning, all the skim milk went bad. JUST the skim milk. Can I not catch a break??
- I semi-subbed a class for a fellow TA on Monday and all I really had to do was start a movie. Except said movie didn’t play correctly and I had to re-download it, which would have taken about 8 minutes. The kids gave me attitude, I told them they didn’t have to stay if they didn’t want to because – heck – not my problem, you know? And then they gave me attitude. Little bastards. Nine out of 25 people actually stayed. I hope the TA gives them a quiz.
- Like I mentioned in yesterday’s post, Isaac hurled around 11 PM Sunday night but for what reason, I do not know. My only guess is that he had too much cheese and he really is lactose intolerant. (We’ve had him on Lactaid for months after the transition to whole milk didn’t pan out.)
- Sunday afternoon, I was in the office and Ell and Isaac were playing in one of the bedrooms and I hear Elliot asking someone questions. Something like, “Do you have dogs or cats?”. And I asked, ‘Who are you talking to, Elliot?” And his answer was, “The boy outside.” And sure enough, the kid who lives down the street (maybe 8 or 9?) was outside Isaac’s window – step dancing! – and talking to him through the window. A.) The blinds were closed so Elliot peeked out when he heard the noise; it’s not like the boy could see anyone in our house so he was just step dancing in my yard. B.) When I asked Ell what the boy was doing he said he was in our mailbox. Well, I went out there to say something – I was going to be polite – but he was already gone. And our outgoing mail was still there. But still. What do I DO about that?
- Ash is studying hardcore this week so I’m picking up the slack. Because you’re not hardcore… unless you live hardcore!
- I have to go to the dentist today. Seeing as how that’s right up there on the list of Americans’ worst fears, I thought I’d mention it. I, for one, don’t mind it one bit.
- I also don’t mind public speaking, which is #1 on that list.
- I don’t know if going to the dentist is on that list anymore. Or if there even is a list. I’m totally BSing you now.