Goings-on, end of October

I do think it feels like a lot has happened but when you have a baby, maybe so much is happening you feel like it’s not. Does that make any sense? Not really but I think you get my drift. Anyway, on Saturday, we had a meeting with a family in-home day care and it was awesome. I’m about to call the woman to ask when we can drop off our deposite check. Originally, I was all gung-ho about a regular old daycare: 100 kids and 20 people to watch them. But I really began to think that a home care would be better for him and easier for us in terms of worry. This woman has run her business for 30 years, only takes 6 kids at a time (3 for her and 3 for her daughter) and they have a play room and a sleep room. I think this will be the best option for him and us. Plus, her references couldn’t say enough nice things about her.

After that, we met a couple friends to see Dan in Real Life which was pretty good, and Elliot slept the whole time! Thanks, little man, we appreciate it. He almost made it through our meal at Roadhouse but by the end, it was nearing the four hour mark on feeding and I understood that crankiness; I had been pretty hungry too. But that was a good long time for him to be asleep. Which, of course, led to him being up a good long time at night. I don’t even remember what all went on the rest of the day. Perhaps a quick nap, a walk, we watched The Island on HBO and then I’m pretty sure I tried to sleep while Ash watched him and then I was up with him most of the night. However, last night was completely different. He stayed awake a lot during the day, I fed him around 9:30, put him down by 10:30 and he slept through until 2:30. Then awoke at 6. Then he stayed awake a couple hours then went down for the nap he’s taking now. Babies; I swear they’re in code and I don’t have the key.

So, a new week wherein I tackle training Elliot to get to sleep at normal times. And I keep working on rearranging my schedule so that I can accomplish my own personal endeavors plus take care of him. This is the tricky part. Meanwhile, I hear tell that the girl who was filling in for me at work has gone into labor. That would make her at LEAST 7 weeks early so I hope she’s ok. Now I have to worry about who exactly is sitting at my desk and taking care of things. But Lord knows that if this is the case, they’re really going to need me back there by January. But seriously, I am going to do my best not to stress about it, especially because so many good things are coming up, like Thanksgiving and Christmas and Elliot getting to be more and more… human.  These are the important things in life.

With that, I am off to shower and then to Target, because my mom – the best grandma ever – is buying us a bouncy seat.

Talk to me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s