- I know no one wants to hear me complain but hey, it’s a random Tuesday at the end of March and it just feels fitting
- My allergies are BAD. Itchy eyes and throat all the time, despite taking my normal Zyrtec. I’m over it entirely.
- As of 9:30 AM Monday, I was not in a good mood, despite it being my birthday. Things just seemed off.
- I did have lunch with my husband though so that was nice. I needed power steering fluid for my car and he brought it to me. The mosquito that was in my car on the ride to work was still there at lunch; he bit me too. Birthday was a mixed bag.
- We rewatched John Wick Saturday and I didn’t remember hardly any of it. This time around, I have come to the conclusion that it was an action movie for normies; for people who want revenge without logical purpose, explosions for the sake thereof, and don’t criticize lazy action sequences. It wasn’t bad, but it also wasn’t any good either. Sigh. It just made me realize that I’m just not like the vast majority of people. And that’s ok. Maybe this movie just wasn’t for me.
- Got a text from my daughter’s dance studio asking if her group could perform at both the 3 and 6 timeslots for their May recital. I looked at the calendar to see my middle child has two soccer games that day also, 9:30 and 12:30. Gonna be busy! Luckily by then, Session is over so I will be coming home at normal times again and not feeling so stretched thin.
- Monday morning, my oldest wakes up and comes downstairs to complain I didn’t get the things he wanted at the store. Did he tell me he was out of his yogurt and protein bars? Well, of course not. Not only do I need to squeeze trips into a small timeslot but I have to keep track of his food requests also? I gave him a snarky reply, something about sure, I’ll go out of my way for you on my birthday. He kind of felt bad he forgot it was that day, not that bdays are of any importance the older you get. Or so it seems. He did apologize. It’ll be a lot nicer when he can drive himself places.
- On that note, my normally super thoughtful middle child didn’t say happy birthday to me at all. I’m going to let it slide since I only saw him for a little while yesterday and he got in the car after running across a soccer field in a torrential downpour.
- We got such a serious storm yesterday I wasn’t sure we’d make it home. It was almost impossible to see the road!
- I am in a terrible mood so I’d better stop now before this devolves any further. Happy effin’ Tuesday!
4 thoughts on “Random Tuesday – Complaint edition”
Allergies, tight schedules, snarky kid(s)… complain away, it’s your blog!
Happy birthday! We’ve never made a big deal about my or husband’s birthdays in our family. They both fall near Thanksgiving, so we’re celebrating anyway. Now, if/when I get a “happy birthday” from my adult kids, it’s a bonus.
I hear you on the allergies this spring! I pop a 24-hour claritin at night, snort flonase in the morning, and keep the eyedrops handy. A necessary 3-pronged attack that sometimes fails.
Same! I think I might have to go back to the 12 hours pills; they seem more potent.
I agree with Abby — it’s your blog . . .you can complain if you want to do so!! Pollen is crazy here in Alabama, too!!
I feel like I’ve been light on the complaints around here lately so maybe it’s just time.