1. July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day…are you a fan? Do you make your own or have a favorite place to buy from? Do you own chickens? If not chicken what’s your favorite fried food?
I do like it but rarely eat fried things anymore. I guess if I was going to get some I’d get Publix chicken tenders because they are always so juicy. Just had some of this type with my daughter when we went to Cedar Point and they were good! No, we do not own chickens but that would be more trouble than it’s worth, in my opinion. I guess my favorite fried food is french fries but I also don’t eat those often either!
2. What’s something you’re too chicken to try?
Well, in the vein of our recent trip, roller coasters. Have I been on them? Yes. These days though, I chicken out and just don’t do it.
3. When did you last find yourself running around like a ‘chicken with its head cut off‘?
Oh shoot, can I just say all the time? Today is the first time in a while I feel semi-calm.
4. Something you’ve done recently that makes you think ‘I’m no spring chicken’?
Vacation? LOL. One soft bed and I am stiff and sore for days. I need a knee pillow and an arm pillow and strategic placement to wake up feeling refreshed.
5. ‘Winner winner chicken dinner‘…tell us about something good that’s happened in your life lately.
Well, despite a lot of strife lately, I feel like one good thing is that Ash and I have gone through some stuff that brought us closer together. Sometimes you have to be broken down to come back and be stronger.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Well, it’s awfully nice to be home from vacation. (you can read my long recap post here: https://incognitusscriptor.com/2022/07/05/the-recap-post/) I’m back at work, back to earning money (Thank God) and looking forward to this month. I have to make it through this month and half of August but then we are back to normal money making. Summer is always so rough but I have a plan now for next Summer to be better.
I am enjoying the quiet here at work and doing “normal” stuff. Vacation is so nice to get away and be in this in-between state but I also enjoy my daily life. In fact, even though 2/3 of my kids are not here this week, Monday was really nice. Ash and Elliot did some yardwork while I cleaned the pool, then we had burgers. A little bit later the three of us got in the pool for a while then we went to some friends’ place for fireworks. All in all, a very good day.
We went out for hibachi for my husband’s birthday yesterday. It was really good but he’s gotten sick. We have traveled so much lately, I think it just caught up with him. For now, I am feeling fine so we’ll see!