1. ‘Tis the season to be jolly….so are you?
In some ways, I really am. I’ve been decorating and trying to wrap/buy gifts so yeah. We’re having a Christmas party on Friday so the panic and worry about getting everything done it upon me, making me a little less jolly but once it’s over, I’ll be good.
2. Do you trim a tree this time of year, and if so is yours all done? What’s something in your home-closet-life that needs to be trimmed in the new year?
Yes, we got ours done this past Thursday. It looks pretty good too. Something I need to trim – literally – are these overgrowthy weeds in the back corner of my yard. I don’t go over there often but they’re an eyesore.
3. Are you ‘dreaming of a white Christmas’? Is that a possibility where you’ll be celebrating? According to this site the top ten places in the US you can count on for a white Christmas are- North Pole Alaska, Crater Lake Oregon, Yellowstone National Park, Winthrop Washington, Aspen Colorado, Ketchum Idaho, Mt. Washington New Hampshire, Whitefish Montana, Duluth Minnesota, and the Lake Tahoe town of Truckee California
Of the snowy spots listed which would you most like to visit?
I am… not fond of snow. I mean, it was fun the couple times I’ve been in it but I just don’t like being cold and it’s all freezing and sloshy and from this Florida girl, no thanks. But if I had to pick one, I guess I’d pick the Colorado location because I do want to go there someday. We have friends there.
4. December 8th is National Brownie Day…will you be celebrating? How do you like your brownies-chewy or cake-like, frosted or plain, nuts or no nuts, a piece from the middle or give me the corner? As a child were you a member of a brownie troop?
I like them very, um, moist, which is a word I hate but so be it. I prefer a middle piece, plain old chocolate.
And no, I was never a Brownie, but my daughter was.
5. Share a favorite line or two from a Christmas carol or holiday tune.
A couple songs I really like have these following lines
This one from Gloria Estefan:
Till I had you I didn’t know
That I was missing out
Had to grow up and see the world
Through different shades of doubt
Give me one more chance to dream again
One more chance to feel again
Through your young heart
If only for one day let me try
I wanna see Christmas through your eyes
I want everything to be the way it used to be
Back to being a child again thinking the world was mine
I wanna see Christmas, Christmas through your eyes
And this classic by Frank:
It’s that time of year when the world falls in love
Ev’ry song you hear seems to say “Merry Christmas,
“May your New Year dreams come true”
And this song of mine in three-quarter time
Wishes you and yours the same thing, too
6. Insert your own random thought here.
A band I recently got into announced some shows – three in Florida, actually – in April and I am debating which one. The one in St. Augustine is on a Thursday but it’s at the very end of Spring semester and I’m thinking I can make that one and it makes the most sense. Plus, Ash and I can make a couple day trip out of it and hit breweries there we haven’t been to. But the problem is buying tickets so close to Christmas. Come on!